aFe CAI - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 01-25-2005, 03:32 PM   #1

aFe CAI

Hey guys, long time no see. I've been at sea once again and unfortunately haven't been able to play with the Hemi to much. I just ordered the aFe and was curious about how long shipping takes? I can't wait to get it and put it on and FINALLY get to enjoy this thing. Unfortunatelly I will be going out to see again here in the next month or so, but after this cruise I will be done and my HEMI and I can become one after all. I am really looking forward to it.

BaddestHemiAround is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2005, 03:50 PM   #2
Director Emeritus

Garage
aFe CAI

Glad to see you posting once again BHA - my thanks and prayers go out to you and your Shipmates!
The aFe usually is shipped the same day of the order - so depending on where it is going in this big country, expect it in 5-7 business days.
MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 05:42 PM   #3
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
aFe CAI

Dammn BHA...you must have been on one heck of a cruise. Maybe your next cruise will go a little faster for ya... Are you on one of the new boats? Don't think I could handle being under that long...got to have some daylight regularly.
RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2005, 07:09 PM   #4
O.H.

aFe CAI

So, did I read correctly about the AFE that with the '04 trucks, the computer needs to be reset every so often to maintain the power gains of installing the AFE? If this is correct, this is bullsh*t. DC makes it impossible to make the truck more fun to drive.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:21 PM   #5
Director Emeritus

Garage
aFe CAI

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Officer Hemi:
So, did I read correctly about the AFE that with the '04 trucks, the computer needs to be reset every so often to maintain the power gains of installing the AFE? If this is correct, this is bullsh*t. DC makes it impossible to make the truck more fun to drive.
Yup... until the Superchips programmer is installed, the stock computer will figure the air flow out after 200 or so miles and re-adjust. Either pull the negative on the battery, or pull the #23 fuse. I was so happy when the programmer came out - the CAI really works like it's supposed to now!
Old 01-26-2005, 01:42 PM   #6

aFe CAI

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Officer Hemi:
I didn't know this little fact either officer. God resetting every two hundred miles... I'll be resetting like every other damn day.
HEMI021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 03:02 PM   #7
Director Emeritus

Garage
aFe CAI

Resetting the stock computer is required only if you desire to have that "just put on the aFe" feeling of increased power. It won't hurt anything if you don't. Just another reason to say "Come on Superchips".
Old 02-19-2005, 09:01 PM   #8

aFe CAI

Mr.Hemi , so what you are saying is this problem does not exist on the 2003 DODGE Hemi Ram 2500 using the AFE without the superchip, I Don;t have to reset the stock computer every 200 miles .
SUPERKART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 09:28 PM   #9
Director Emeritus

Garage
aFe CAI

What I'm saying is if you don't have the Superchips programmer, you will have to reset your stock computer about every 200 miles or so (if you want to get the full benefit of the CAI).
Old 02-20-2005, 11:15 AM   #10

aFe CAI

When I owned a 99 Ram w/5.2L engine
and I pulled the battery ground my
radio settings and trip meter wold
reset.The truck would run lousy and
gas mileage would suffer for at least
500 miles. When I pulled the battery
ground on my Hemi Ram the trip meter
does not reset and my radio channels
remain as they were. Their was no