Accidental killing (graphic content) - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 06-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
Greg

Garage
Well I got up early while it was still cool out to cut some grass. I have a lot of yard and we been having rain most everyday and it is easy for it to get away from me. I got every kind of critter roaming around the yard including tons of rabbits. Any time I go out I'll see three or more standing still as stone watching me. But they petty much ignore me and the dog. The dog is old and most of her chase is gone and I have never bothered them. So I was out rolling around in uneven circles when the roar and thunder changed pitch. I'd run across a nest of bunnies. Very distrubing stuff had taken place under the old mower. Picked up what I could so crows and other critters wouldn't come in to bother what was left of the nest. Just never gave it a thought that they would a nest right in my yard as there are woods all around the place. So anyway if your cutting grass watch out for the little ones hiding in the grass.

1# 2017 HTC FASTEST HEMI List....
Current 1/4 mile [email protected] (2018)
Current 60' PB 1.351 (2019) mechanical issue for 1/4m

HTC 2018 TOTY

Support vehicle- 2007 QC G56 4x4 diesel
Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #2
Greg

Garage
Well I got up early while it was still cool out to cut some grass. I have a lot of yard and we been having rain most everyday and it is easy for it to get away from me. I got every kind of critter roaming around the yard including tons of rabbits. Any time I go out I'll see three or more standing still as stone watching me. But they petty much ignore me and the dog. The dog is old and most of her chase is gone and I have never bothered them. So I was out rolling around in uneven circles when the roar and thunder changed pitch. I'd run across a nest of bunnies. Very distrubing stuff had taken place under the old mower. Picked up what I could so crows and other critters wouldn't come in to bother what was left of the nest. Just never gave it a thought that they would a nest right in my yard as there are woods all around the place. So anyway if your cutting grass watch out for the little ones hiding in the grass.

HTC 2018 TOTY

Old 06-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #3
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
That stinks! We had one build a nest in a flower bed but the dog found it before we could call her off. One was history but the rest were ok. She moved them someplace else. I really hated that because we don't have any here. The coyotes, fire ants and wild hogs have pretty much wiped out anything that nest on the ground. No quail or turkeys in a long time.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
Director Emeritus

Garage
2009 Ram 5.7 HEMI QC 4X4 Laramie - bone stock for now

MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:02 PM   #5
Greg

Garage
Feral cats nearly wiped out our game birds and smaller critters. Coyotes/foxes have moved in along with bob cats and they have a sweet tooth for cats. Now things have become more diverse. Deer are a pest and just killed a MC rider. They tear up a lot of equipment. I have a doe that hangs out in my yard year to year. I like the rabbits, the wife's flowers take a beating. lol

HTC 2018 TOTY

Old 06-24-2012, 03:49 PM   #6
Board of Directors (Jay)

2003, Std. SWB, SLT, 20", 4:56 gear, AFE CAI, Superchip, 6.1 cam, 6.1 heads, Manley springs, retainers, pushrods, Edelbrock Hedders, 195 T-Stat, 8.2 Taylor, AEM, Power Wire, ARC-1,Amsoil Everything, and more. Veni Vidi Vici

HTC.com Titan Killer Club

Member # 17

Superjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:30 PM   #7

Garage
The one time I ran over a nest , I got lucky, the blades were high enough to not hit the bunnies, just laid the nest open.

HEMI's and Wings
Nothing better for a Sunday Drive

Homemade front tilt hood with mini MOPAR Pro Stock Style hood scoop, Self made air intake, Carr Hoops steps, Glasscapes window treatment, AVS chrome taillight covers and in channel visors, custom dual exhaust with Dyno Max muffler and cutouts, custom 'hockey stick' graphics, SportMaster Tonnue cover,ECCO 80w Corner strobe Kit, VR3 Back up camera system, MOPAR Rear wheel well liners, Superchips3815,purple neon underbody kit and windshield washer LED's

Phill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #8
Greg

Garage
This didn't go so good, two were unscahed, a third was slightly injured, forth died from injuries and two more chopped up. I last cut the yard 10 days ago. I hated it happened but such is life on the farm.

HTC 2018 TOTY

Old 06-24-2012, 06:46 PM   #9

were I live you just have a run in with a rattlesnake or copperhead the rabbits and other thing run at the hint of movement due to the bobcats, house cats, dogs, snakes, and coyotes lol oh forgot about the foxes I see a few about every night when I come and my lights start up the road in the hollow but I got a brown squirrel and a grey squirrel that hang out in the yard along with the bird nest next to the gutter on the house I put a bird house up but they won't use it
Old 06-25-2012, 05:15 AM   #10
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator