7 of last 8 days had record high temps! - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 03-22-2012, 03:32 AM   #1

Garage
Weather man says just one more day then back to "normal" whatever that is..

I see most of the country is seeing/feeling the same thing....Chicago, and New York for sure..
the rest of you???

is this a preview of the coming summer?
first day of spring was just two short days ago

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>More Than 2,200 Record High Temps Set In Continental US March 1-20, 2012 - Winner, SD 94F 3/19/12

The heat wave that has been sweeping across the US this week has reached new heights, with over 2,200 warm temperature records set during the month of March so far, Oregon Public Broadcasting News reported.

It is possible that March 2012 will be an unprecedented event in the United States' historical weather record, which extends back to the late 19th century, according to OPB News.

The high temperatures across the country have reached into the 80s; in Chicago, the temperature has exceeded 80 degrees for five days in a row, from Wednesday through Sunday, the Chicago Tribune reported. The upper Midwest hit 94F yesterday in Winner, South Dakota, which is the earliest 90F reading ever recorded in the Northern Plains, Mother Jones reported.

If the forecast for 2 more days in the 80's verifies, it would also would mean that roughly 41 percent of Chicago's 80F days in March, dating back to 1871, would have occurred in March of 2012, The National Weather service said in a statement.[/list]

nopeitsherhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2012, 03:32 AM   #2

Garage
Weather man says just one more day then back to "normal" whatever that is..

I see most of the country is seeing/feeling the same thing....Chicago, and New York for sure..
the rest of you???

is this a preview of the coming summer?
first day of spring was just two short days ago

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>More Than 2,200 Record High Temps Set In Continental US March 1-20, 2012 - Winner, SD 94F 3/19/12

The heat wave that has been sweeping across the US this week has reached new heights, with over 2,200 warm temperature records set during the month of March so far, Oregon Public Broadcasting News reported.

It is possible that March 2012 will be an unprecedented event in the United States' historical weather record, which extends back to the late 19th century, according to OPB News.

The high temperatures across the country have reached into the 80s; in Chicago, the temperature has exceeded 80 degrees for five days in a row, from Wednesday through Sunday, the Chicago Tribune reported. The upper Midwest hit 94F yesterday in Winner, South Dakota, which is the earliest 90F reading ever recorded in the Northern Plains, Mother Jones reported.

If the forecast for 2 more days in the 80's verifies, it would also would mean that roughly 41 percent of Chicago's 80F days in March, dating back to 1871, would have occurred in March of 2012, The National Weather service said in a statement.[/list]

2013 Ram 1500 SLT Crew Cab 4x4 Big Horn True Blue Pearl, Amsoil, Re-trax, Bedrug
2003 4x4 LB QC CAI, SC, Amsoil, Shorties, LED tails. GONE but never forgotten.

Member # 1450
nopeitsherhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:20 AM   #3
Board of Directors

Garage
Weekend before last was 65f, this past Sunday we got 8" of snow with flurries all week. The long range forecast says next weekend will be 70f.
HTC MEMBER #2460
2005 Yellow Rumble Bee 4x4 Second Swarm #3248
2015 Peterbilt 389, 550hp Cummins ISX

AlbertaHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #4

Garage
We've been well above normal here for three or more weeks. We never had much of a winter at all. Right now it's 78. We probably got into the mid-80s today. Very unusual - I've lived here a lot of years and I don't remember any February I could wear shorts and a t-shirt, even at night.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #5

I'm in Minnesota and I cut my grass yesterday, pretty crazy,
2011 Challenger SRT8 Green with Envy 6spd

StanCab05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:17 AM   #6

Garage
Last week was in the 80's and now it's 27 outside

HEMI's and Wings
Nothing better for a Sunday Drive

Homemade front tilt hood with mini MOPAR Pro Stock Style hood scoop, Self made air intake, Carr Hoops steps, Glasscapes window treatment, AVS chrome taillight covers and in channel visors, custom dual exhaust with Dyno Max muffler and cutouts, custom 'hockey stick' graphics, SportMaster Tonnue cover,ECCO 80w Corner strobe Kit, VR3 Back up camera system, MOPAR Rear wheel well liners, Superchips3815,purple neon underbody kit and windshield washer LED's

Phill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #7

Last week was all high 70's, low 80's. Now it is back to (normal)? We had 20 degrees this morning with strong winds. Wind chill 8 degrees. I hope last week wasn't all the summer we will get.

Yesterday we had a few snow flurries in the morning.

They say there is an old wives tale that if it gets to 90 degrees before Memorial Day, you won't see 90 again all summer. We haven't gotten that warm yet.

Ski areas are now closed and the Maple Sugaring is now over. Now we get the cold temps........

"Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible."--Anonymous

Member # 3568

Mrs.BIG BLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:05 AM   #8
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
We've been 10 to 15 above normal for most of a month. I just worry about what the summer is going to be like. We can't stand another 2011 and I'm not even talking about politics.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote