40 Years! Help with Question. - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 06-13-2012, 06:44 AM   #1
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

I am a HS graduate of 1972. 40 Years ago!!! A looooong time ago! I wasn't a very popular young person in HS. More nerdy than the common HS student and with a fewer 'circle of friends' than most. Highlites of my HS days was cross county, track and history class. Recently, I receive a 40 year invite to a reunion. Most of the people going to this reunion, so far, are those that were fairly distant during the HS days (different classes, different sports, etc.). Yet it's 40 years and can be looked at either of the following ways;

Possibly our last chance to get together and reminisce about our glory days.

Blow it off because of that distance and the fact that I 'will' be up to my proverbial armpits overseeing my last career project in another state.

So whether you been there done that or can envision yourself in my shoes when your 40 hits...Would you go?

BTW - As far as that nerdy look of yesteryear, that's loooong gone. I am certain, that I am in better physical shape today then the former HS football jocks of my class going to this reunion.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:44 AM   #2
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

I am a HS graduate of 1972. 40 Years ago!!! A looooong time ago! I wasn't a very popular young person in HS. More nerdy than the common HS student and with a fewer 'circle of friends' than most. Highlites of my HS days was cross county, track and history class. Recently, I receive a 40 year invite to a reunion. Most of the people going to this reunion, so far, are those that were fairly distant during the HS days (different classes, different sports, etc.). Yet it's 40 years and can be looked at either of the following ways;

Possibly our last chance to get together and reminisce about our glory days.

Blow it off because of that distance and the fact that I 'will' be up to my proverbial armpits overseeing my last career project in another state.

So whether you been there done that or can envision yourself in my shoes when your 40 hits...Would you go?

BTW - As far as that nerdy look of yesteryear, that's loooong gone. I am certain, that I am in better physical shape today then the former HS football jocks of my class going to this reunion.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:12 AM   #3
KEN

Garage
Way back in 1999 we had our 30th. and I went,,wished I stayed at home. The ones that went I had nothing in common with,great crowd but boring time. Others enjoy going but as for me I passed up number 40. Not my thing
_
BAMA-HEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #4
Board of Directors

Garage
I went to my 20th reunion in 1986. I enjoyed the Friday night casual get together but at the actual formal thing on Saturday I wound up leaving early. Seems the same people who wanted to run everything back in high school still thought they should be running the show 20 years later and it got boring. Never went to the 30 or 40. Now with classmates.com and facebook I feel no need to attend any more of those reunions. Those high school days to me now are just a short blip on the radar of life.
'05 RCSB 1500 SLT 5.7 Hemi Ram - Airaid Long Snorkel UBI CAI - Taylor shorty wires - MSD Coil Packs Magnaflow y-pipe - Flowmaster 50HD - Superchips 3865 - Motive 4.56 gears - Detroit Truetrac - PML differential cover some good Karma 8.87 ET
HemiByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #5
Greg

Garage
If it is important to you then go. If not, don't bother. Me and some of my hoodlum friends enlisted, all the cool kids were running and hiding.

1# 2017 HTC FASTEST HEMI List....
Current 1/4 mile [email protected] (2018)
Current 60' PB 1.351 (2019) mechanical issue for 1/4m

HTC 2018 TOTY

Support vehicle- 2007 QC G56 4x4 diesel
Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:49 AM   #6
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
I don't think I would go. My neighbor just had their 40th reunion last week and they loved it, but they were always into things. Like you I wasn't mister high school anything. Had a few good friends, that I can't find, but those were days gone by. I don't care to see how fat and ugly any of them have gotten and I doubt they would care to see me either.
The social lights of the school would still be doing the same old things. The rest of us just standing around... I'll pass.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #7

I have never been to a class reunion (for my class) even though I still live in the same town. There are always those that think they have to run the show. Most classmates moved away and very few come back for anything. The few that are still here, we can see each other on the street. Every few years there is an alumni parade. The one year my class decided to make a float, no one bothered to let me in on it. I might have liked to help with it. The few that do come back to town, aren't worth the effort to try to connect with. My 40th has come and gone and I don't feel like I missed a thing. Just my opinion.

"Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible."--Anonymous

Member # 3568

Mrs.BIG BLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #8

Pass.

2012 Deep Cherry Red Pearl QC 4X4
My site. http://getdanet1.tripod.com/index.html

God bless & protect our troops.

Hemi Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #9
Board of Directors (Jay)

My 50th is this year, and I'm not going.
2003, Std. SWB, SLT, 20", 4:56 gear, AFE CAI, Superchip, 6.1 cam, 6.1 heads, Manley springs, retainers, pushrods, Edelbrock Hedders, 195 T-Stat, 8.2 Taylor, AEM, Power Wire, ARC-1,Amsoil Everything, and more. Veni Vidi Vici

HTC.com Titan Killer Club

Member # 17

Superjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #10
Board of Directors

Garage
I didn't even go to my graduation ceremony so a reunion is unlikely I have kept in touch with all the people who were worth keeping in touch with so I wouldn't go.
HTC MEMBER #2460
2005 Yellow Rumble Bee 4x4 Second Swarm #3248
2015 Peterbilt 389, 550hp Cummins ISX

AlbertaHemi is offline   Reply With Quote