3 Million Miles??? - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 07-13-2012, 07:24 AM   #1
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

I remember as a kid my dad would start doing some 'horse trading' when his trucks would roll something in the 50,000 mile range. It was always some deep seeded belief that after that many miles it would start giving troubles and begin to devalue. Believe it or not, he still does it today.

Since then, I have owned 'a few' and rolled 70,000 - 80,000 miles until my wife's last car, which has 110,000. Frankly we trade, mostly because we enjoy the change of scenery if you know what I mean. Newer always offers firmer seats, less road rash, more gizmos (actually some are useful...i.e. Side impact curtains).

Now, don't get me wrong. I absolutely enjoy my HEMI in my 08. If things go good till 2020 or so, I will probably still have it. Might even have 70,000 or so on it by then, but 3 million miles? No way!

The following is a news article on a retired teacher from Long Island whom has rolled 3 million on a....Wait for it.....Ahhhh, you just have to read the article > Read More.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:24 AM   #2
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

I remember as a kid my dad would start doing some 'horse trading' when his trucks would roll something in the 50,000 mile range. It was always some deep seeded belief that after that many miles it would start giving troubles and begin to devalue. Believe it or not, he still does it today.

Since then, I have owned 'a few' and rolled 70,000 - 80,000 miles until my wife's last car, which has 110,000. Frankly we trade, mostly because we enjoy the change of scenery if you know what I mean. Newer always offers firmer seats, less road rash, more gizmos (actually some are useful...i.e. Side impact curtains).

Now, don't get me wrong. I absolutely enjoy my HEMI in my 08. If things go good till 2020 or so, I will probably still have it. Might even have 70,000 or so on it by then, but 3 million miles? No way!

The following is a news article on a retired teacher from Long Island whom has rolled 3 million on a....Wait for it.....Ahhhh, you just have to read the article > Read More.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:13 AM   #3
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
WoW! I couldn't stand to drive the same vehicle that long. They use to build one of the best cars around. Not so sure anymore. Morris bought Kima one a couple of years ago, without talking it over first. She loved her Jag. They got rid of it last year and I got the impression that there were more than one issue with it.....not counting an unhappy woman in the first place.

The thing that bothers me about the mileage is how does a teacher manage to drive 45,000 miles a year in Long Island, New York?

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #4
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

123 miles a day? That does seem a little bit of a stretch in Long Island. I have a friend moving back to AZ - What for I'll never know - and he will be commuting 90 miles during the work week...One way! Of course Az is different than Long Island. There's nothing that is close by. Just saying...
Old 07-13-2012, 07:56 PM   #5

Isn't it more like 65,217 miles per year???

3 million miles and not all rusted or beat up???

Long Island gets snow too doesn't it???

It's not passing the smell test IMO.

That's alot of time on the road and remain in excellent condition.
2006 4x4 qc, Atlantic Blue, Diablo Predator, afe high breather, Performance Research and Development Heads, 260 cam, pacesetter mids, high flow cats, Custom Y pipe, NGK 5306 Plugs, Mobile 1 synth oil, power wire, and edge billet 2600 converter, 3.92 lsd, Auto Meter A/F guage with SRT-10 A-Pillar, Alpine HU, Focal components, JL Audio 6450 Amp, JL audio 10" sub.

Birdshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:27 AM   #6
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

The rust issue passed thru my mind yesterday as well. Yet...???
Old 07-14-2012, 06:35 PM   #7

85K-100K miles driven per year? That's insane.

His: 2012 Tornado Red Jetta TDI

Hers: 2007 Jetta GLI Fahrenheit #638/1200

askibum02 is offline   Reply With Quote