2011 Hunting Season is here! - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 10-01-2011, 04:49 AM   #1

Garage
OK, I know it's been in for a little bit in other areas of the US but it's getting ready to go full swing here in the Hoosier state. I will however be sitting out today because I just haven't got to shoot the bow enough. So the schedule for today is make sure the bow is still lined out and get everything else ready. Just purchased my tags and got transportation tags printed as well. My main target for October is not going to be deer but instead I'll be hoping to fill a fall turkey tag. If a whitetail happens to walk in front of me...well, we'll just have to see what happens. I've still got 33 days until my vacation in November; can't wait! 17 days in a row! So I'm going to be real picky on any bucks that walk in front of me seeing as I'll be off during the rut. Does on the other hand are fair game.

'04 2500 QC LB 4X4

spainy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2011, 04:49 AM   #2

Garage
OK, I know it's been in for a little bit in other areas of the US but it's getting ready to go full swing here in the Hoosier state. I will however be sitting out today because I just haven't got to shoot the bow enough. So the schedule for today is make sure the bow is still lined out and get everything else ready. Just purchased my tags and got transportation tags printed as well. My main target for October is not going to be deer but instead I'll be hoping to fill a fall turkey tag. If a whitetail happens to walk in front of me...well, we'll just have to see what happens. I've still got 33 days until my vacation in November; can't wait! 17 days in a row! So I'm going to be real picky on any bucks that walk in front of me seeing as I'll be off during the rut. Does on the other hand are fair game.

'04 2500 QC LB 4X4

Old 10-01-2011, 05:17 AM   #3
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Good luck! I just came in from watching a doe with twins. Been watching them grow, and feeding them most of the summer. Don't have any turkey left here. He hogs destroy their nest and eat the eggs.
I use to really love sitting in a tree and watching the world wake up. There is no better time of the day than day break. Thursday it was 101 and this morning it's 47. Love it!!!!!

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2011, 07:06 AM   #4

["RANCHER"]There is no better time of the day than day break. Thursday it was 101 and this morning it's 47. Love it!!!!![/quote]

We are finally getting a break in our state from the Texas furnace .

HemiFun05
"Doc"
HemiFun05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:45 PM   #5

Garage
Well I sat in the stand for 3 hours this evening and didn't see anything but squirrels. The plus side is I checked my trail cam and got an interesting pic. It may not be interesting to some of you but for around here these guys are starting to make a come back. They are protected in Indiana.

'04 2500 QC LB 4X4

Old 10-10-2011, 05:16 AM   #6
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Is that a big bobcat or a Linx? You should have been here Saturday morning. I watched 6 does and fawns in front of the house for about a half hour. The started to wander to the back and were joined by another half dozen. Most I've seen together in years.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:22 AM   #7

Garage
It's a bobcat. There's been a couple more pics surface from the area as well. As far as seeing deer the corn needs to come out. It's ready to be harvested too or it is very close. Hopefully it's out before my vacation starts on the 4th.

'04 2500 QC LB 4X4

Old 10-10-2011, 11:43 AM   #8
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Deer corn here has gotten really high and isn't worth a flip. Really small kernels and full for "trash". All the good deer corn is going to make gasoline.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:52 AM   #9
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Walked outside to see some nice deer this morning. Been seeing about a dozen does every day but nothing but a few spike bucks. Today was a little different. When I first saw them they were 30 yards away. Three nice bucks. By the time I could get a camera they were about 100 yards away..just grazing on acorns and not paying much attention for bucks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2014_-_Copy_(2).JPG (263.0 KB, 104 views)

Old 10-15-2011, 11:53 AM   #10
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
A little croping and got this ... The third one is behind a tree, but just as nice. The larger one is a 10 point. They are in front on my house. It's about 800' from the house to the road.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2014_-_Copy.JPG (299.8 KB, 105 views)