HELP !! Intermitent Vibrations @ Hgwy Spd - Page 3 - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 04-10-2008, 09:04 AM   #21

HELP !! Intermitent Vibrations @ Hgwy Spd

Hey HEMI-PUP. I'm in Dedham. Drive Shaft hu? Would that come and go like that?. I mean theres times when it is smooth as glass. Anyway I'm surprised to not hear Ball joint. I'll let ya guys know what I find. I'm out of 30 Day warrenty. I also have the dreaded HV/AC floor to deforst issue. The door dont go all the way to full de-frost. All else works fine but thats a none issue unlike this intermittent woble. Its more a whoble feel than high frequncey vibration. I should have been more specific. Its a Whobble almost like a cradle bolt was loose but obviously this aint got no Uni-Body. Its a Whobblely feeling. The trucks *** end is skitish over bumps too but thats normal right?

BTW I luv this quote thats great "This is my Hemi, there's many like it but this one is mine."

foxxtrott-1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2008, 09:16 AM   #22

Oh side bar. Are these things really a 5-spd Auto or is that just lock-up converter jargin.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:38 AM   #23
Director Emeritus

The trucks back end being skittish is quite normal to a point. If I'm driving at speed 25-30+ mph and go over an expansion joint in the road or bump, the rear end will break loose because the rear of pickups are so light.

What I would do is take it to a local garage or friend you know who is a good mechanic and ask them to help you figure this problem out. I'm sure there are many things that could be causing this "vibration" at those speeds, but for me shock absorbers come to mind. I know that my shocks are stock on my '03 but I've only got 35,000 miles on her.

I would get underneath and start grabbing and shaking steering and suspension components hard and see if there's any "play" that doesn't feel right, and that goes for the driveshaft too.

Drop down to the suspension section and see if others have have similar problems in the past and what shocks most people recommend. That would be my first option if the shocks are stock.

Pup
HEMI-PUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2008, 09:39 AM   #24
Director Emeritus

Oh, also I believe it is a true 4-speed tranny with lock-up TC but not 100% sure.

Pup
HEMI-PUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:30 AM   #25

code3hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:51 AM   #26

Ya I forgot to mention the tuck has 83K on it. All highway. Its super Clean and well maintained. Thanks for the sugestions. Now that the warm weatehr is starting to come in Mass i can crawl under there and start probing around like you said. It feels maybe the Rack & Pinon Shaft might be worn I dont know... Grrrrr
Old 04-10-2008, 11:22 AM   #27

Birdshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:24 AM   #28
Board of Directors

Garage

Quote:
quote:I also have the dreaded HV/AC floor to deforst issue. The door dont go all the way to full de-frost.
There is a technical service bulletin that addresses the defrost door issue. It is for 2003 models, but I wouldn't doubt the problem showed up on some 2004's also. The TSB has procedures and a labeled diagram that may help you. Good luck!

http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2003/24-004-03.htm
HemiByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:55 AM   #29

Thanks for the LINK Man...
Old 04-10-2008, 12:01 PM   #30

Dude thats a night mare. I woudl'nt even want the dealer to do that crap. Truck would never be the same again. I'd have more problems then I do now.