Hello Everyone! - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 01-15-2008, 06:10 PM   #1

Garage
Hello Everyone!

My name is Lee and I live in Indiana. I have owned my '04 2500 QC long bed Hemi 4X4 for almost 3 years now and I have enjoyed owning and driving this truck since the day I bought it. I was in the market for a new truck after selling my '94 Silverado (that was my first truck and it was hard to let go of but it was time). I had no intentions of buying anything at the time when I drove through the car lot on that Friday after I got off work but there it sat (I was just killing time before I met up with a friend). I got out to look at it and a salesman walked up and said that this truck was getting ready to be test drove by another person...he told me to return in a 1/2 hour. It was closer to an hour by the time I returned and the guy that test drove it didn't want it. So we hopped in it and I took it for a test drive. As soon as I put it to the floor I knew this truck was going to be sitting in my driveway. The truck is silver in color, has a 5 speed auto, dual exhaust (a dual inlet/dual outlet Flowmaster 40 series), 3 1/2 inch angle cut tips, an Airaid cold air intake, spray on bed liner, nerf bars, tool box and clear tails. I am getting ready to put new rims and tires on as well. I have already purchased a set of 17X9 Dick Cepek DC-1 Blacks and a leveling kit. I am debating on whether to put some 1 1/2 or 2 inch blocks in the rear (open to suggestions). I still haven't decided on tires yet but they will most likely be 35's. This truck doesn't see a lot of off road action but the stock tires just don't cut it. This truck is dirty more than it is clean. Living in a rural part of Indiana means lots of gravel roads that have next to no gravel on them and have many wash boards. I like to hunt and fish as well. This truck got to haul my first deer ever taken during gun season to the check station back in November (it was a little 6 point buck). Less than a month before that on Oct. 30 I took out a small doe with the truck. This resulted in a shattered license plate bracket, pushed the bumper in on the driver side (it somehow missed the grill) and a small dent and scratches on my driver side door, $1,500 damage. I had been looking into aftermarket bumpers before that incedent but now I know I'm going to get one. After doing some research I have decided on the Ranchhand Bullnose Bumper. These are stout looking bumpers with options for additional fog lights and a winch housing. These bumpers won't break your wallet either. I hope everyone has enjoyed hearing my Hemi story. Thanks for reading.

Lee

P.S.
I hope the photo uploads. This is the only pic I have at the time and it isn't a good one due to the snow.

spainy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2008, 06:15 PM   #2
&quotCompa&ntildeero&quot

Hello Everyone!

Old 01-15-2008, 06:18 PM   #3

Hello Everyone!

and to the hemi family. Remember you can never have to many mods....NEVER. Dont forget to chck out your state chapter at the bottom of the main forums page. Again welcome to the family.
Hemi Dave K is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2008, 06:20 PM   #4

Hello Everyone!

CHEMIGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:29 PM   #5
&quotRANCHER&quot

Hello Everyone!

Welcome spainy79. Glad to have ya join us Lee. Enjoy the site and feel free to ask all the questions you have. We have sections for just about everything.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:40 PM   #6

Hello Everyone!

1st HEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:40 PM   #7
Board of Directors

Garage
Hello Everyone!

HemiByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:56 PM   #8

Hello Everyone!

code3hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:02 PM   #9