exhaust ?s - Page 2 - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 02-01-2010, 06:29 AM   #11

exhaust ?s

Check out the exhaust section below. I just uploaded a bunch of videos of my set up. You will see my thread and the progression of what set up I ended up running with pics and then on page 2 of the thread the videos I took yesterday. In a nutshell I have an 04 QC HEMI running stock exhaust manifolds, stock cats, then ran extra pipe to the aero turbine 3030xl. We attached 2 magnaflow y pipes right to both sides of the 3030XL. So dual pipes all the way back to the muffler/y pipe set up. The duals right out of the muffler out the back behind tires.

The rest of my results are in the thread.

Good luck.

Sharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2010, 06:47 AM   #12

exhaust ?s

i think i did see your setup what would the difference be if y pipe is right after cats? but yours does have sound i want. there any performance changes?
allen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:00 AM   #13
Board of Directors-Bill

Garage
exhaust ?s

arocketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2010, 07:03 AM   #14

exhaust ?s

I dont think you will see any real huge performance difference in my opinion. The installer, who used to have a HEMI and is a member here, decided to give it a try the way we did it. It's almost as if we are using that 3030XL as a merge for the dual pipes coming into the y pipe right on both sides of the muffler. Just something different. I havent seen it set up this way on here or Dodge Talk. I think running the 2.5 pipe all the way back to the magnaflow y pipe and then 2.5 pipe out the back made the difference for sound and response.

I have heard from a few that the 3030 and the XL version sometimes caused a "Slight" lower throttle difference with the 3 inch in and out. I have seen people running the y pipe after the cats then 3 inch pipe section to the 3030xl then single out the side. Some claim a bit less responsive. I actually noticed an increase in response and what seems to be a better shift. Depending on how I drive it, it shifts smoother and snappier. Just my observations with the set up.

Oh and I am not running any resonators at all.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:20 AM   #15

exhaust ?s

i was plannin that too. but also tryin not to piss the wife off, so i dont know if i should do how you have it or add a resonator. i got a 3030 comin today or tomorrow and was plannin to send it back for the xl. yours noticable cruisin? and loud when on it.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:26 AM   #16

exhaust ?s

Bamataco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:27 AM   #17

exhaust ?s

i havent seen many with flow super 40. another route i was fixin to take is leavin the 40, addin magnaflow hi flow cats with y pipe, see if that would make louder sound and performance. but im not impressed with flow on this hemi at all.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:42 AM   #18

exhaust ?s

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by allen2:
i was plannin that too. but also tryin not to piss the wife off, so i dont know if i should do how you have it or add a resonator. i got a 3030 comin today or tomorrow and was plannin to send it back for the xl. yours noticable cruisin? and loud when on it.
Yeah its nuts trying to find a balance and I believe there is a certain balance but difficult to find. Good luck, my wife says "as long as your happy" and "on our next trip I will have my iPod to listen to with earphones" So if that helps

Yes its noticable while cruisin. From about 1700 to 2000 there is a little drone in the cabin. We moved the muffler back past the cab as far as we could and there is still a little drone at those RPM's accelerating. Once in OD its not that bad, but I enjoy the sounds, others may not. I would say 50-60 mph there is drone and once above 2000 around 65-70 drone isnt bad at all and actually dissapears, unless traveling uphill. Personal preference I think. When on it oh yeah....it screams...

Others I have talked to say the same about their FM's. They changed to MF's AT's or something else. Again I never had one so I can't judge, the FM's just didnt have the sound I was after.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:05 AM   #19

exhaust ?s

im in that boat. thanks buddy, you and your truck have been big help. just still somewhat undecided. lets see if anyone can give me more insight. youll probably hear back from me
Old 02-01-2010, 08:55 AM   #20

exhaust ?s

No worries and there is a TON of help here. Great folks and they have tried or helped many different things and people.

Good luck