07 ram 1500 with loose front suspension question - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 02-21-2011, 09:42 AM   #1

07 ram 1500 with loose front suspension question

Good morning,

I am a new member as of today and happy to be part of a hemi team. Below is an email I recently sent to Carli Suspension in California to see if they had any answers. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Coach Bob

Carli Suspension,

I stumbled upon some information about dodge suspension issues and how your suspension parts may have helped correct problems.

Let me describe my experiences. I bought my 2007 dodge ram 1/2 ton brand new in late 07. It drove and performed great for the first 6-8 months. It was during the summer of 08 that I started to notice how the front end did not have that tight drive off the lot feeling anymore and at least to me. I could feel a little vibration underfoot and also sometimes hear the sound coming from the front suspension. Of course it took me about 4-5 trips to the dealer to convince them there was something not right. To this day I believe both shock/struts (what ever the heck it is under my front end), tie rods and ends, pitman arm among other pieces have been replaced at least once each and I again find myself today going through and having the same damn problem.... which is the front end feels like there is something loose when going over small washboard bumps. The last time the dealer finally replaced the shocks and couple other parts (spring of 10), it did run and feel solid like it should and when it was new. I have taken good care of this truck. It has only seen light off road (dirt paths during the fall while deer hunting) and medium duty while hauling my 4 wheeler and JD 4100 tractor and trailer while doing landscaping side jobs. For some reason the problem is reoccurring.

I did purchase an extended dodge warranty last year "just in case" something major happens to my "lifetime" engine and trans guarantee (that only lasts to 100K miles to my understanding...?). Since my dealer took forever to figure it out the suspension issues last time, I went to a local firestone (friend of mine manages) and had them install upgraded heavy duty shocks to both front and rear to help tighten the ride. It was just recently that after having them installed that the vibrations and rattling did not go away after installing the new ones.

If any of this makes sense and you have any ideas or resolutions to why the front end seems to have reoccurring loosening of the front end parts, I would be very grateful for your advice and direction.

Coach Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2011, 09:50 AM   #2

I would check ball joints and rack and pinion also wheel bearings.
Bamataco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:59 AM   #3
Director Emeritus

Garage

Welcome aboard Coach Bob - we're glad you joined us!
MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2011, 10:03 AM   #4
&quotRANCHER&quot

Welcome Coach Bob, glad to have ya join us!

Sorry to hear about your issues. I don't have a clue! I have an 08 that on some roads sounds like the front end is going to fall out when you hit a bump or hole. Drives good, feels good and everything looks fine. Haven't started replacing anything yet. Only has 50k miles and never been touched except for plugs and regular maintenance.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:03 AM   #5

I am unqualified to comment on your situation, and don't experience the problems that you describe in my '05. Best of luck! Someone here may be able to help you narrow down, or even pin-point your problem.
azhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:06 AM   #6
Board of Directors (Jay)

Superjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:09 AM   #7
Chauffuer to the queen

I had an 07 with 40k on it had no issues with it. I hope you get your problem figured out, angain welcome to HTC.
StudMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:29 PM   #8

Garage

HemiRider04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:17 PM   #9
HEMIRAM07

Old 02-21-2011, 05:06 PM   #10
"Bob"

Garage