Ye Old New England - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > Rallies, Gatherings and Events

Old 07-09-2014, 02:11 PM   #1
RJ

Garage
Ye Old New England

I love New England's Rocky shores, the Icy water's Excellent Seafood. Lobster, Clams, Scallops. They have been part of my life since I was a
youngster. I still remember going out in Dad's 51 Black Chevy Coupe, with the split manifold, sounding so cool, to get Fried Clams with my Mom and Dad and Kid brother. They were mouth watering to a little boy from New England on those warm summer nights. After traveling for 20 odd years with the Military, and being all over the world, I must admit I missed smelling the Ocean, The Seagulls, The Tide washing ashore. Those Ocean front restaurants with the foods I have mentioned... Love it all, and the nearness of fresh lakes to fish, Cities to visit if that's your desire (not mine),it all makes this my home. But, I damn sure wished that Truck guys would hang together up here and enjoy each other's company and what a fine ride a Truck can become if you take pride in it, and make sure it has the right toys. Factory or after market ! Somewhere, when you cross beneath the Mason Dixon...a Truck becomes something Special. I think a special kind of bond is created as well. If you guys ever get that packaged up in a jar or a box,.. please send a Pallet my way will yah... God Bless the USA and our Troops ! You guys and Gals take care...

Sarge

RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2014, 03:25 PM   #2
Greg

Garage
Very well said, I too have enjoyed my visits to New England. I was stationed at Rhode Island for a tour and many years later worked on ships in Bath and down the coast. The unfortunate reason why there is so little bonding with our believed trucks to the north is that if you carefully listen you can hear them falling apart from rust. Very discouraging stuff....

1956 Jeep Willys Pickup Hemi powered "Street Rod project"

1# 2017 HTC FASTEST HEMI List....
Current 1/4 mile [email protected] (2018)
Current 60' PB 1.351 (2019) mechanical issue for 1/4m

HTC 2018 TOTY

Support vehicle- 2007 QC G56 4x4 diesel
Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:46 PM   #3
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
I think we all have a love for the place we once called home. Mark and Margot (BigBlue) are in Ludlow, Vermont. That's about the only ones that I can think of that still stop by from time to time. That part of the country really is pretty but I don't want any part of those winters. Makes my joints hurt.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2014, 08:29 PM   #4

Thumbs up

'There's No Place Like Home
HemiFun05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:57 PM   #5

Garage
Hi RJ,

I agree with all that you said. I really like my RAM and it is something special to me. It can kick butt then hook up to it and tow it away, yank it out of a ditch, bull dog its way through some very serious snow and still gets 15-20 mpg. THAT IS AWESOME!
BTW Willimantic CT here.

preachp9
Acts 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
preachp is offline   Reply With Quote