Texas Muscle Car Club Challenge Series - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > Rallies, Gatherings and Events

Old 05-10-2013, 02:04 PM   #1

Texas Muscle Car Club Challenge Series

Our Muscle Car Club race last weekend at NorthStar went much smoother than the first outing at Northstar earlier this year.
And Rams did pretty darn well. making the Finals in Stock, Street and King Muscle Classes.
I lost in the finals at the tree, Grady (also Cowtown mopars) got me about .030 on RT then slammed the door going .011 over his dial. No amount of chase, push, and slam on the brakes on my part could have got him.(although I tried it all lol)
I was really happy to get where I did in that field of 38 in King and the issues I was having in time trails
Tim, who normally races a Dart in Super Pro, is ruining his CTD Ram this year in stock muscle and red lit for Blake in his Honda. but Blake runs for Cowtown too, ) so I guess that's counts as mopar win.
Jim in his 4th gen Hemi RC won against Bob in his Dakota, also both running for Cowtown.
Richard made 3 rounds in his Little Red Express.
Think Mike made a couple round in his Dakota rather than race the ram.
Oddly Jason, the king Points leader, was out pretty quick in hs mopar powered (360) RX7 but is still points leader.
Mark Cryer's went out early ending his last two race winning streak in King.
Rod is well in the overall points lead still, as well as the super pro points leader, now running his 2013 super cobra Jet. for the Mustang Club
Overall Pretty good turnout too at 165 tech cards sold..
TMCCC Norhtstar 5-3-2013
Photo album
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=f814ebb240

Videos
Part 1

Part 2

Part 3 (all Finals)

Any of you remotely local guys... you should come out and join us, I'm telling' you it's a lot of fun.
and never too late to start.
Next TMCCC race Jun 2nd At Texas Raceway Kennedale TX

Advertisement

Old 05-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
Queen Kima - Whemi BOD

Thanks for the schedule. Maybe some of our members will attend.

Mrs.Studmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
Stu

Garage
Ghost03hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2013, 05:50 PM   #4

Garage
Interested the event at redline raceway. I would like to know how much the total cost to run in the stock class.
redneckon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #5

Garage
Ie if there is a membership fee on top the 25 track fee and the spectator.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:03 AM   #6

Not sure what your real total would be lol
but
It's $25 for Entry (that includes running a class, tech card, gate for the driver etc)
$10 each for extra people or non racers / spectators.
I don't do redline much but if kids and such are usually free, prob the same for this event
Anyway for just you, and your vehicle, $25 total.

if you run for us , Cowtown mopars, club letter L, and you are welcome to do so, you don't have to officially join so no membership fee required, and we provide lunch for our racers and guests (donation) as well as bottled water, soft drinks, coffee and donuts in the morning
If you want to join, one of the perks is we have dealership sponsors that sell us oem parts for cost +5% or 10. as well as other deals that basically more than offset the membership cost.
Other clubs would likely be the same on not requiring membership initially, but we have the best food lol. as well as the most mopars..
Anyway a modest $5 each donation would be nice if you run for us and eat with us, otherwise food drink costs just depends on what you do, you can bring your own or buy from the track.

Ok looking at their schedule so far they say the gates open at 8am rather than 9.

If you or anyone else has questions just post em up.
-Randy

BTW what's your name and your ride?
Old 09-25-2013, 06:09 AM   #7

Garage
Carr Ramsey, have a stock 2013 qc, 4x4 hemi 5.7l
Old 09-25-2013, 10:43 AM   #8

Sounds good Carr. Just make sure you look for me when you get there so I can introduce you to some of the club members.

Your truck should be an interesting addition. we have a few 4th gen rams racing TMCCC on a reg basis although mostly 2wd.

Have you ever run ET brackets before? I not I (or we) can help explain all that and suggest tips. I know at lest one of members,Jim, has final ed a couple o times this year in his class in his stock 4th gen. it's less about actual speed, more about consistency and reaction times. and IMO, TMCCC is much more fun than most of the other higher pressure ET Footbrake games out there.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #9

Garage
whats your name, so i dont walk around looking for silvrram. i ve done street racing no track time. with running in the stock class do i need to go find a helmet to run on the track.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #10

Randy Hall..
https://www.facebook.com/randy.hall.501

About all the racers know me either from that silver ram.. or the videos I shoot of TMCCC
https://www.youtube.com/user/silvrram

and can point you to where cowtown mopars is pitting. or look for a big BBQ trailer / cooker lol. All our racers with have numbers ending in the letter L, mine is 507L

We run NHRA rules so you don't need a helmet less you run faster than 8.59.I know stock QC you wish you ran 8.59 lol

full rules at Texas Muscle Car Club Challenge

Do need long pants, sleeved shirt etc. and make sure the truck is clean (no mud to possibly fall off) and nothing in the bed. Basically much the same as if you went to TnT. windows up - ac off.

Myself or others will have window markers to put on your number, letter, dial etc.

win or get knocked out quick odds are you will have a good time.