Votes: 2 22.2%

"Hemis and Cowtown - Hemis go to where the West Begins" 2020 Rally

6K views 53 replies 16 participants last post by  arocketman 
#1 ·
:dance: It's rally time!!

"Hemis & Cowtown - Hemis go to where the West Begins"
June 14-19, 2020
Fort Worth, Texas

The rally is open to all HTC members and their guests. You are welcome to attend part or all of the rally. Stay the week....a day or two.....or join us for dinner!!!

There is tons to do in Fort Worth!! The Stockyards - where there is still a daily cattle drive, Billy Bob's Texas, Texas Motor Speedway, I even found a drive-in theater. Just over yonder (about an hour and half) is Magnolia Farms. An hour and half in the other direction is my house :D. There is also Hurricane Harbor, Six Flags over Texas, and much, much more. Make plans to join us!!!

#2 · (Edited)
Comfort Suites North Fossil Creek
3751 Tan across Dr.
Ft. Worth, TX 76137
817-222-2333

We have a special rate for your group kindly let them know $99dls per night king or queen beds non smoking
24hrs cancellation policy call and mention the dates under a group block. MAY 22 WILL BE THE LAST DATE TO HAVE THIS SPECIAL RATE.

Kindly call the hotel to hold with your card any time before arrival date.

Our group block name is "Hemi Truck Club"
This hotel is "in the middle of everything". About 10 minutes from the stockyards and Billy Bob's.

www.choicehotels.com/texas/fort-worth/comfort-suites-hotels/tx379

Reactions: HemiFun05
#3 · (Edited)
Sounds like fun!! I'll keep this updated as folks post.
Attendees:

1) The Muffins - Kima & Morris - reservations made Sun - Fri
2) HemiFun05 - Doc, maybe
3) charged392 - Keith, Becca & Kids
4) gomango - Jerry, Michelle, & Dalton - probably
5) 3rdstrike - Duane & Trena
6) redneckon1 - Carr - maybe
7) Rancher - Doug & Mary - maybe

Reactions: HemiFun05
#16 ·
These are the three hotels I've narrowed down. Weigh in as to your choice because I'd like to firm up tomorrow. Thanks! Or give any other input. I picked hotels with free breakfast, outdoor pools and what looks to be decent parking on the website.

1) Best Western Fort Worth Inn & Suites , 201 W. Loop 820 N., Fort Worth, Texas
Breakfast, microwave & fridge
Queen or King rooms: $505.95 for the week
15 minutes from Stockyards and that action

2) LaQuinta Inn & Suites by Wyndam, Fort Worth City View, 4900 Bryant Irvin Rd., Fort Worth, Texas
Breakfast, fridge, microwave
Double room: $89 per night, $522 for the week
King room: $99 per night, $580 for the week
25 minutes from stockyards but has jacuzzi as well as pool (which was Morris' request)

3) Comfort Suites North Fossil Creek, 3751 Tanacross Dr., Fort Worth, Texas
Breakfast, microwave, fridge
Suites with King or 2 Queens: $120 per night
This one is a bit more in cost but they have a shuttle that runs within a five mile radius M-F (sorry, I forgot to write down the hours) and the lady said "we're in the middle of everything". Most the other hotels were about 10 miles out from Sundance Square or the Stockyards.
12 minutes from stockyards but cost a bit more

#17 ·
I have arranged for special pricing and block rooms for the hotel. It is in post#2 of this thread. When I called a few weeks ago they gave me a price of $120 which was more than the other hotels, but when I really got serious and started studying things I decided "location, location, location" was worth the higher cost. When I called yesterday to actually finalize and block the rooms Lucy gave me a final price of $99, which is what the other hotels gave me, so hey, I guess that's why I get to be queen. :queen:

Morris and I are going to go to Fort Worth next month and get more info, see where we can have the welcome dinner, etc. If there is something in particular you want me to check out let me know.

Reactions: charged392
#18 · (Edited)
Is anyone interested in a tour of Texas Motor Speedways? This is something I need to start working on and get arranged pretty soon.

Tours for Texas Motor Speedway

This is what Patty said:
Hello Kima,
I have several tours booked the June 14th – 19th it would depend on the time of day you would like to take the tour.. How many people would be on the tour?
Thanks Patty

#29 ·
It's been a little difficult to look at things for us to do and get dates/times that things are open.....well, 'cause they're not open right now.....

With that said, I'm still planning to move forward when I'm able. Are there folks still interested and planning to attend the rally? I know it's still a bit early to decide anything officially.

At this time we still plan on being there but we live close and since I work in a hospital I haven't missed any work or a paycheck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.