Hemi Truck Club banner

****2019 Rally****

14K views 95 replies 22 participants last post by  Mrs.Studmuffin 
#1 ·
With 2018 rally out of the way it’s time to start the 2019 rally thread so we can get some good ideas out there early. In the past there has been some big Rally groups! There was Branson Missouri which was a big rally a good few years ago. Helen Georgia was also a big rally. Pigeon forge Tennessee was a big one and Huntsville Alabama the first rally I went to was very big also! I mention these because they were very good places with tons to do. We have also thrown the idea of a cruise out there. Everyone needs a vacation some time or another believe me I use to say work work work but you gotta break the cycle trust me. The rally is the perfect vacation we have a blast. The hotel we stayed at this last rally had Breaksfast and Dinner with your stay and had popcorn all day and vending machine drinks free all day!

With all that being said does anyone have any location proposals or ideas for the 2019 rally to kick it off.

#2 ·
I'm open to wherever. There has been talk about Arizona in the past, the cruise sounds nice, I like the idea of a tropical all-inclusive somewhere (that was no one has to worry about missing the boat so to speak).

I know that whether the group is large or small Morris & I always have a great time and look forward to spending our vacation with our Hemi family/friends. (insert thumbs up smiley here - the cloud currently is not my friend)

#3 ·
I'm open to wherever. There has been talk about Arizona in the past, the cruise sounds nice, I like the idea of a tropical all-inclusive somewhere (that was no one has to worry about missing the boat so to speak).

I know that whether the group is large or small Morris & I always have a great time and look forward to spending our vacation with our Hemi family/friends. (insert thumbs up smiley here :thumb: - the cloud currently is not my friend:crazywife:)
--------------------------------------------------

:thumb::coolsmiley:

#4 ·
If you all want to have the GTG in Arizona, I'll do whatever is needed to make it happen. The first consideration for holding it here is the time of year. The weather here tends to be a little different from any where else in the country (BTW, we have 5 seasons). Once that is known, a location can be selected. I do not recommend opting for anything in the greater Phoenix area do to the congestion there. The best time to do anything in Arizona is in the fall unless you all can tolerate the summer heat, which native Arizonans can. :icon_peace:

Here is the info I put up from the last time this came up:
https://www.hemitruckclub.com/forums/f49/arizona-chapter-14165.html

And here's what I posted about Flagstaff:
https://www.hemitruckclub.com/forums/f134/2018-hemi-truck-rally-27233-5.html

#5 ·
I can do a rally whenever! The main reason for doing it normally around summer time is to get more people that may not be able to do it any other time. Tax season plays a big part in people’s plans also. Most of the normal attendees have free schedules around June time which is hot but heat don’t stop us!

#7 ·
I would have to agree with that statement heat is heat!!!!! I personally would be in favor for a rally that went along the northeast coastline.

#8 ·
Seems most of the rally have been over this direction for one reason or another. I know a ton of the caverns and Mountains are over this way hence most of the rally come this direction too. I’m am done for wherever. Just need to start getting ideas out there for it. New members you can post to let’s get some ideas brewing in this thread so we can have a real good selection hopefully this year.

#20 ·
Seems most of the rally have been over this direction for one reason or another. I know a ton of the caverns and Mountains are over this way hence most of the rally come this direction too.
Taverns??? Oh never mind, you said caverns.

#11 ·
I know Branson was done. And that was at least 7-8 years ago. I do not mind trying to throw something together for Branson again for next year. A lot has changed down there, a lot of new shows. I can look into Spring or Fall... As I know for sure we are headed to Wisconsin Dells next June with my in laws. We can always do Wisconsin Dells if people are up for it.

#12 ·
More ideas needed let’s get some going! New members also post up some ideas don’t be scared you don’t have to attend to suggest a location.

Branson is a place I will go for sure gotta go where the originals went when the site was booming lol!

#14 ·
so on the table so far we have

Branson again with more stuff and some updated surroundings.
Arizona

need some more places to make a good selection. you dont have to go to make a suggestion post up some areas you know have things for everyone to do lets see the places people want to see.

#22 ·
Well , there has been change suggested and like in many things people do not like change. A cooler venue has been suggested as well as a change in the date the rally is held and many people are resistant to change. As I have previously stated if I want heat and high humidity I only need open my front door.

#24 ·
rally idea

Colorado Springs.Lots of things to see and do day and night
Pikes Peak Drive Or take the Tram Ride both fun
Seven Falls ( NIGHT) Beautiful
Garden of the Gods Haven't been but hear it beautiful also
Air force Academy I think they have tours
Just to name a few things
Last time we went it was in July we drove pikes peak we went from
AC 85 deg to Heat 30 deg and had snow ball fights

Attachments

#27 ·
Colorado Springs.Lots of things to see and do day and night
Pikes Peak Drive Or take the Tram Ride both fun
Seven Falls ( NIGHT) Beautiful
Garden of the Gods Haven't been but hear it beautiful also
Air force Academy I think they have tours
Just to name a few things
Last time we went it was in July we drove pikes peak we went from
AC 85 deg to Heat 30 deg and had snow ball fights
Come now, tell us the real reason you want to go to Colorado... :sheepjumprope:

#35 ·
New guy here, so I thought I would throw out a few suggestions.

Gatlinburg, Tennessee - Lots to see and do.
Marble Falls, Texas - Longhorn Caverns, Lake Marble Falls, Lake Travis, Texas Hill Country, not far from Austin.
Fort Worth, TX - Self explanatory.
Tupelo MS and Memphis, TN - Take the Elvis tour and enjoy Memphis, it has a lot to offer.

Personally, Fort Worth or Marble Falls would be my picks, JMHO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.