Hemi Truck Club banner

Update on my Whipple Ram

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Redtruck-VA 
#1 ·
Its been a little while since Ive been on here, but Stu asked me to share some updates on the truck. Its a 2014 Ram w/ 8sp transmission. 422" w/ a 2.9L Whipple turned up to 15.5psi on E85. We made 1046hp on the dyno and I finally made a few passes at the track these last 2 weeks.

In 95* air, it went 10.43 @ 136.25mph with a very soft launch on my first full 1/4 mile pass. I was getting a feel for the truck, so I was coming off the line very easy with a 1.73 60'.

This past Sunday, I took it to the 1/8th mile track and rolled into the throttle a little faster and was able to knock my time down to a 6.54 @ 108.88mph with a 1.53 60'. Temp was cooler as well at 79*.

I will be heading back to the 1/4 mile this Friday to shoot for that 9.99 slip. If I can match the 6.54 1/8th from last week then it should do it...Temp should be the same around 79*. This truck is also full weight (4900lbs) in complete street time. I drive to the track on my drag radials, race, and then drive it home.

Here is a short video of my 2 passes at the 1/8th mile from Sunday...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6F-pDmmOts

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Mat I hope you get it, that 136MPH is impressive for that body. I'm hoping to get another run in this year yet, aiming for 10.30s myself.

#6 ·
Well done! These are badass trucks...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.