tire pressure? - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | At The Track > Drag Strip | Times, Tips and Tricks

Old 07-11-2007, 04:00 PM   #1

tire pressure?

i'm getting ready to go to the track and try running my truck again and was wondering about tire pressure...the tires i'm running are 33X12.50 mastercraft courser c/t's. the last time i was at the track i spun a bunch launching. will lowering the pressure help me or hurt me?

06hemibighorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2007, 05:13 PM   #2

tire pressure?

Just run at about 30 lbs. Make sure you get your tires good and dry if you have to drive through a water box. Is yours a auto or manual??
proudhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:15 AM   #3

tire pressure?

mine is a manual...i think thats what messed me up last time is going through the waterbox
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2007, 09:40 PM   #4

tire pressure?

What has always worked best for me is to get your street tires good and hot before you run, I mean a good smoky burnout. I know alot of people say that they get greasy but I beg to differ. If nothing else, with your tires being hot it will heat up the VHT and rubber that's already down on the track, and that will help more than anything with traction. You'll just have to play around since you have a manual. Practice will be the only way of getting better. I guess if I was going to try and tel you how to leave the line, I would try leaving at around 2500-3000 rpm and steadily working the clutch out. Don't just dump it or you'll spin. Bogging down, shouldn't hurt you as much as spinning will. Also, if you don't mind being hard on your truck power shift it. Don't let off of the gas until your at the end of the track, when it comes time to shift gears just tap the clutch and slam it into the next gear without letting off the gas. When I was 17 I was able to get a bone stock LT1 Trans Am into the 13's by just driving the piss out of it.
proudhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 01:28 PM   #5

tire pressure?

yea i think thats the biggest thing i have to work on now is powershifting and getting the hang of it...its just kinda tuff because the gear pattern is so far apart on trucks
Old 12-26-2007, 05:59 PM   #6

tire pressure?

with my 05 QC Hemi truck with stock 245/70R17's i had to drop the rears from 28lbs roughly to about 20lbs to keep from spinning....and boy what a difference it made....last run before i dropped it i spun all the way through the 1/8th, once i dropped it this beast was hooking so hard i swear the rearend was going to snap out from under it or the drive shaft was going to go......i mean i could load the motor up (automatic tranny) with my foot on the brake and release and slam it and the truck felt like it was jumping off the ground

experiment with different pressures, you'll see
gravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:42 PM   #7

tire pressure?

When possible and you have street tires avoid the water box. I ran better times driving around box rather than going thru. Though if you want to give em a good smokey burnout go thru water.
Hemi Dave K is offline   Reply With Quote