More 1/4 mile questions - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | At The Track > Drag Strip | Times, Tips and Tricks

Old 02-14-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
Pavement Pounder

Garage
My wife has given me the greenlight to have some fun. Got 4:56s coming, and I plan on doing a full weight reduction(removal of all seats, middle console, spare, jack, washer fluid container, 1/8 tank of gas, 17s on Drs, no tailgate, sway bar or tonneau cover. Still chasing that 13.99. here are my questions: Would it be a bad idea to run my CAi w/o a filter? would it hurt?
Attached Images
File Type: png user186479_pic5910_1323722831.png (26.5 KB, 40 views)

KILLER BEE #1/1
* Vararam * 90mm TB * Crazy Spartan Cam * LT Headers/3in Y-pipe * Bullet Cats * 3in CBE * 93 Octane Tune * 4:56 Gears * Auburn LSD * 3K Stall * Sharadon Stage III Valve Body * Traction Bars * Dual Electric Fans * HD Oil Cooler * HD Trans Cooler * HD Radiator * 180 Stat * 17in ST Wheels * M&H Drag Radials * 175 Wet Shot

1/4 Mile - 13.74 @98.53 - NA-Full Street Trim

Budakane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
Pavement Pounder

Garage
My wife has given me the greenlight to have some fun. Got 4:56s coming, and I plan on doing a full weight reduction(removal of all seats, middle console, spare, jack, washer fluid container, 1/8 tank of gas, 17s on Drs, no tailgate, sway bar or tonneau cover. Still chasing that 13.99. here are my questions: Would it be a bad idea to run my CAi w/o a filter? would it hurt?
KILLER BEE #1/1
* Vararam * 90mm TB * Crazy Spartan Cam * LT Headers/3in Y-pipe * Bullet Cats * 3in CBE * 93 Octane Tune * 4:56 Gears * Auburn LSD * 3K Stall * Sharadon Stage III Valve Body * Traction Bars * Dual Electric Fans * HD Oil Cooler * HD Trans Cooler * HD Radiator * 180 Stat * 17in ST Wheels * M&H Drag Radials * 175 Wet Shot

1/4 Mile - 13.74 @98.53 - NA-Full Street Trim

Budakane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:52 AM   #3
David

Garage
I would be scared it would suck something up in there. Then your screwed.

ATXHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2012, 10:00 AM   #4
Mopower or no Power!!

You would be better off running a straight filter on the tb....but I would leave it like it is myself. The filter doesn't block enough air to warrant removal. If you want to maximize air to it, run a pipe from under the bumper up through the fender well into the airbox the filter sits in....and I would not remove the washer fluid container either, but rather just drain it. that thing only weighs a few ounces, not worth the headache of removing and reinstalling...be better to remove your door handles (except the driver one) and mirrors. Also your bug shield, wiper blades and antenna....those are aerodynamic challenges on your truck, removal of them will help you more than removing the washer reservoir

Phone: 573-258-9999

[email protected]
3rd Strike Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:09 AM   #5
Mopower or no Power!!

Another suggestion....find the tires with the least "rolling resistance" for the front....that will help on take off, and removal of your nerf bars will also help....an old school trick - moving the battery to the rear of the truck, preferably on the passenger side behind the wheel well...helps with weight transfer and balance.....

Phone: 573-258-9999

[email protected]
3rd Strike Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #6

Garage
Quote:
I plan on doing a full weight reduction(removal of all seats, middle console, spare, jack, washer fluid container,
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">I would not do that. Not worth the effort to R & R.</span>
Quote:
be better to remove your door handles (except the driver one) and mirrors. Also your bug shield, wiper blades and antenna....those are aerodynamic challenges on your truck ,

<span class="ev_code_RED">Definitely, DO NOT run without a filter.</span>

http://www.hemitruckclub.com/attachm...epic3972_3.gif
ROLLING THUNDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:13 PM   #7
Stu

Garage
Not so easy to get a Gen III Ram in the 13s.
Ghost03hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:03 AM   #8
Slow Memeber

Good luck. Be sure to post the times!