2003 Hemi computer and wiring - Hemi Truck Club
 
Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | At The Track > Drag Strip | Times, Tips and Tricks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-21-2014, 02:05 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: kaneohe hawaii
Posts: 4
Question 2003 Hemi computer and wiring

HI... I am brand new to this forum and have a question regarding the Hemi computer and wiring. I recently bought a complete 2003 Dodge truck Hemi engine without wiring and computer. I plan to use this in my 58 corvette.

I located a wreaked 2003 truck and have offered to buy the computer and wiring....... but have no clue as to where the computer is located and what wiring i need.

I understand this may not be what this forum is geared to do but am hoping that someone has some idea and can point me in the right direction.

Aloha walt

waltz6562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-21-2014, 07:38 AM   #2
2012 Truck of the Year
Engine Specialist
 
charged392's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fort pierce, FL
Posts: 17,265
Garage
Ok welcome to HTC forst off glad your here!

The 2003 truck has a PCM and a tcm on the passenger side fender and firewall area. If you are looking only for the PCM and not using the trans. Remove the comp from the firewall and the harnesses running to it and around the eng bay. I would also take all the sensors and what not hooked to it you will need them to make it run including the throttle pedal assembly inside and under battery.

Is the truck manual? That would make it a lot easier to do the swap.
__________________
"CMR TUNER" [email protected] 1/4 with a 7.32 1/8 custom long/short bars by "Me" Turbocharged 392 on 9psi S475/96/1.32 . Running thru an A518! [email protected]
charged392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:48 AM   #3
Greg
 
Redtruck-VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 19,096
Garage
Walt, welcome to the forum. Over the years I've done a lot of work at the shipyard. Retired now. The 03 PCM is not what you want to use in a retro install. Normally the 05 PCM is the preferred PCM. But better yet dump the OEM computer completely and go with a Stand alone computer . There are several, but I choose the Megasquirt Pro3. Look into what is available and which one you feel you would be comfortable using. I still have the one I setup to use on my 03 truck, but ran into problems integrating the auto transmission and removed it. A hemi in a early vette, now that will draw a lot of attention....
__________________
2003 RCSB, 2wd, "Pro-Street"
6.4L/cog driven V7-Ysi/46rh trans/HTH Truckarm coilover suspension. HP Tuning...

1956 Jeep Pickup Hemi powered "Street Rod project"

1# 2017 HTC FASTEST HEMI List....
Current 1/4 mile [email protected] (2018)
Current 60' PB 1.351 (2019) mechanical issue for 1/4m

HTC 2018 TOTY

Support vehicle- 2007 QC G56 4x4 diesel
Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-21-2014, 09:04 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Hemidup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,978
Welcome. If it were me doing this project I'd ditch the EFI all together and go with a carb and a MSD Hemi6AL. You'll thank me later.
__________________
Built, not bought.
Hemidup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:46 AM   #5
Greg
 
Redtruck-VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 19,096
Garage
ahhh the smell of spilt gas verse the clatter of a keyboard... lol
__________________
2003 RCSB, 2wd, "Pro-Street"
6.4L/cog driven V7-Ysi/46rh trans/HTH Truckarm coilover suspension. HP Tuning...

1956 Jeep Pickup Hemi powered "Street Rod project"

1# 2017 HTC FASTEST HEMI List....
Current 1/4 mile [email protected] (2018)
Current 60' PB 1.351 (2019) mechanical issue for 1/4m

HTC 2018 TOTY

Support vehicle- 2007 QC G56 4x4 diesel
Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:39 AM   #6
John
 
SUPER BEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Meridian, MS
Posts: 3,663
Garage
Cool

__________________

SUPER BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:12 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: kaneohe hawaii
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by charged392 View Post
Ok welcome to HTC forst off glad your here!

The 2003 truck has a PCM and a tcm on the passenger side fender and firewall area. If you are looking only for the PCM and not using the trans. Remove the comp from the firewall and the harnesses running to it and around the eng bay. I would also take all the sensors and what not hooked to it you will need them to make it run including the throttle pedal assembly inside and under battery.

Is the truck manual? That would make it a lot easier to do the swap.
HI..... Thanks for the info............ Engine came with its auto trans attached.
waltz6562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:15 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: kaneohe hawaii
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtruck-VA View Post
Walt, welcome to the forum. Over the years I've done a lot of work at the shipyard. Retired now. The 03 PCM is not what you want to use in a retro install. Normally the 05 PCM is the preferred PCM. But better yet dump the OEM computer completely and go with a Stand alone computer . There are several, but I choose the Megasquirt Pro3. Look into what is available and which one you feel you would be comfortable using. I still have the one I setup to use on my 03 truck, but ran into problems integrating the auto transmission and removed it. A hemi in a early vette, now that will draw a lot of attention....
HI Redneck........ I will look at the various systems available... but it is an auto. Thanks u
waltz6562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:17 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: kaneohe hawaii
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemidup View Post
Welcome. If it were me doing this project I'd ditch the EFI all together and go with a carb and a MSD Hemi6AL. You'll thank me later.
HI Hemidup........... interesting. There is someone here that is selling a new manifold and carb setup for this engine. I'go check it out..... Tx
waltz6562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:42 PM   #10
john
 
wolf_with_the_red_rose1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: sylva
Posts: 1,084
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to wolf_with_the_red_rose1969
welcome to htc,,, and this is the prefect place to get info,,, everyone here loves hemis,,, a lot on here have other hemis besides just trucks,,, like i said the one thing we have in command is love for hemi especially the 3rd and 4th gen hemis you mite also check out thehemi.com it is all things hemi also




wolf_with_the_red_rose1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Premium Vendor Showcase
n2 Speed Edge InTune Edge OCPerformance Parts

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.