Hemi Truck Club banner

D200

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Ghost03hemi 
#1 ·
Well finally am in the a position where I could go and source an older D series Dodge, found a 1976 D200 ex military truck struck a deal and had I delivered to the house.
First issue 8 stud 16.5 tyres not the easiest to find but managed to find 4 brand new tyres.
Then the truck would start idle for a bit but would stall when put into drive and tryed to pull away, rebuilt the carb running like a dream.
That is the easy part I've cut both floor pans out had all of the dash and interior out and welded completely new sections behind the dash and under the windshield repaired and repainted the dash clock bezel.
I have had to order to front wings from a friend in Oklahoma as there is not one D series truck being salvaged that I can find in the uk .
It will be going to the Bodyshop to have the top of the windscreen and roof repaired so it doesn't leak into the cab again.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Front Wings is that across the pond speak for Fenders? how's the top of the windshield(wind screen) these older Dodges have a habit of rotting out up there.
I love the cabs in these so easy to fab floors for.
Looking forward to watching this old girl come back to life.

#3 ·
Front Wings is that across the pond speak for Fenders? how's the top of the windshield(wind screen) these older Dodges have a habit of rotting out up there.
I love the cabs in these so easy to fab floors for.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Looking forward to watching this old girl come back to life.

:iagree: :smitten:

:dance: :thumb:

#4 ·
Little update on the D200, still trying to find somebody to fabricate the roof and windshield was trying to locate a cab or roof section but not going very well, the bed is all welded up and now in primer, left most of the dents and little marks in as I’ve known this truck since I was little and that’s how it’s always been, new race fuel tank and Nos bottle all mocked up and ready for fitting when the bed goes back on.

Attachments

#6 ·
the one super weak point on those 72-93 style cabs is that window channel, once it's gone it's hard to fix, those dame gaskets would dam up water and hold it there against the bare steel , . it's why my 78 Warlock is now a convertible, used a 77 Ramcharger window frame to make it a removable style. Have you tried some of the scrap yards in AZ here in the U.S ? another thing you might want to do is contact one of the big Mopar specific resto places , see if they have a wrecked cab with a good forward roof section that they might cut odd and ship you .

#7 ·
The guy who had it before me took the roof lights out and then let it stand for about 10 years!! So the roof has rotted from the inside out as it’s double skinned, yes I’m heading over to vagas in June for my 10 year wedding anniversary so I’m gonna have look then, but I have also meet a guy not far from me in the UK who has a salvage yard in Albuquerque New Mexico It’s the shipping and the tax we have to pay to get it back is the biggest problem.

#8 ·
Good luck.. I'm fighting rust with my Willys. Your D200 looks fresh next to mine...

#10 ·
Unfortunate truth of old trucks. Mine was last on the road (with rust) 1979... since it has been sitting in the woods... ugh

#11 ·
After searching for a cab for the D200 I ended up buying a chassis for it 800 mile trip to get it, whilst taking to a friend of mine about it he mentioned that he might know of a cab for sale, turns out it was only 2 miles away from me and been stored in a garage for the last 14 years so I bought the whole truck 😂

Attachments

#12 ·
Very kool... I just replaced a broken tail light lens on my 89'.. RockAuto carries alot of the 1st gen parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.