Caliber???? or Nitro????? or Mazda 3 ????? - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Trucks and Special Editions > Other Vehicles

Old 01-08-2007, 03:40 AM   #1
mindy\s hemi &quotSatch&quot

Caliber???? or Nitro????? or Mazda 3 ?????

Ok great wise ones.... Looking at a new vehicle for the wife, looked at the Caliber and Mazda 3 bot.h seem like nice cars but would like any insight from knowing individuals. I also looked at the Nitro yesterday.... Give me any feedback you might have. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2007, 07:17 AM   #2

Caliber or Nitro! Both are nice if the Caliber is too small and the Nitro is to big try a Jeep Liberty it's a short Nitro.
JAMESD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:37 PM   #3

A friend of mine just bought an '07 Caliber RT and he couldn't be happier with it. I've driven it a couple times and it's a real nice ride. It has a lot of little features that add up, and it has a good amount of power too.
Smearous is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2007, 11:52 PM   #4
&quot*Damn*its*gotta*Hemi*&quot

I am wiht SMEAROUS. The Caliber is just a nice vehicle with the amenities it comes with.. Just gotta mke sure it has the things you want or that you plan on saving some so you can upgrade the AV later on, etc.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:43 PM   #5
Graphemi

I like the Nitros. Caliber is a little lower grade in my opinion, but still nice. Just like the interior of the Nitros a lot more. My wife had a Liberty and like James said, they are identical except the Nitro is longer. And very well done. The only thing about the Liberty is that it was a little cramped. But the Nitro is much better. And the Liberty was VERY dependable. 100k miles and went to the shop for a recall on ball joints or something once. Mazda 3? Too close to Ford for me. I hate Ford.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:51 PM   #6

I went through something very similar about 6 months ago. We waited for the Caliber to come out because we just knew that's what we wanted. The first time we tried one out we loved it. Then when it came time to get serious we started to notice all the cheap quality of the interior as well as the severe lack of power.

We also looked at a Vibe, Matrix, and the 3. My own personal peference of those three was the Matrix. Can't go wrong with a Toyota. I know the vibe is really a yota, but the Toyota badge speaks for itself at resale.

Well anyway, of all things we looked at, we ended up with an HHR believe it or not. It's my wifes daily driver (she drives a kabillion miles) and it suits her needs. More room than the others, about the same price, more pep than some of them, and still gets good gas mileage.

Good luck with your choice. If gas mileage is an issue (like it was for my wife), try to find some Caliber forums. I know there were several people I talked to who were not getting anywhere near the claimed gas mileage.
EZ4U2CHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:36 PM   #7

When is the SRT 4 version of the Caliber due out?
300HP in a little car like that should be fun
CentralTexHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:06 PM   #8

Maybe a little late, but my work is a Pontiac/Mazda/Dodge dealer and we see WAY more Mazda 3's in service than any other car we sell, and that incudes the Caliber, Nitro, and the POS Pontiac G5 and G6.
SDHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:45 PM   #9

I like the Nitro. If Volkswagen still had their 100,000 mile warranty, thats what I would look into. We had a brand new 1998 Jetta TDI Diesel, and we got 40-50 mpg. We sold it when my wife got a company car.
HEMI-LAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:06 PM   #10
&quot*Damn*its*gotta*Hemi*&quot

Quote:
quote:POS Pontiac G5 and G6.
What about the GTO 5.7 and 6.0?