bought the wifey a new car today... - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Trucks and Special Editions > Other Vehicles

Old 10-13-2006, 03:01 AM   #1
Holston\sHemi

bought the wifey a new car today...

went to the local dodge dealership to see what i could find used for around 15,000 looked at a couple jeep liberties but the wife wasnt impressed. so at another used lot we see an 02 vw jetta 2.0 4cyl looks real clean inside and out. took it for a drive and the wife loves it. the sticker was just under 17,000 with 47k miles. told the manager i wanted to be out the door at 15,000 including interest. well he gave it to us for 15k but with interest it was just under 20k. thought he could screw me. i said no way in hell im buyin an 02 with 47k for 20k. i can get something new for that. but i caught it i had to explain about 5 times i wanted 15k out the door. he said he couldnt do it, so i told him we were leaving, to give us my bank card and id back, and the little one was hungry. well saying that your leaving works every time cause he immediatley said he would order 2 pizzas and let us buy it for 15k including the interest. come to find out the blue book is 13k and some change. i ended up taking it home for 12 something before the interest, so anyone looking to buy a car, make sure that even if your happy with the deal find an excuse to leave guaranteed they will drop the price drastically. this worked beautifully for the last 3 cars i bought.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2006, 02:07 PM   #2

azhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 04:09 PM   #3
&quotRANCHER&quot

Never take the first deal they offer. And NEVER tell them what you think you vehicle is worth unless you know and then ask more than the book. Gives you some room to maneuver.

Congrats on the new ride!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2006, 04:58 PM   #4
Holston\sHemi

i really wanted to get her in some kind of hemi, but the prices were just too much for the new ones. and i didnt see any used ones. she said she didnt like any of the dodges except the rams anyways and that is way too big for her. glad she got what she wanted.
Old 10-14-2006, 05:49 AM   #5
Director Emeritus

Garage

Glad you got a ggod deal! And just some advice (for all) - never give them a charge card or ID... they do not need either until the deal is being signed (and then just the driver's license is required).
This is an old trick to keep the customer in the showroom - do not give them anything!!!
MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:13 PM   #6

HEMI-LAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:16 AM   #7

I have been through this game so many times it is funny. Last time we bought my wife a car I called every move before the sales guy made it to my wife. She couldn't believe I knew what he was going to say word for word and when he was going to get up and leave us to "talk to the Manager" down to the second! We were laughing about halfway through the process. If you do your homework before you go in you will already know what to pay for the car and how much you need to put down and what the interest will be. If you do that it is almost worth it to watch the "SHOW".

When I bought my Ram The sales guy comes over to me with the price after checking out the truck. I told him I am going to go get my checkbook out of my car and you go to your managers office and tell him he has one chance to sell me the truck. If the price he shows me is right it is sold. If not goodbye. Well the truck is now mine. Spent about 15 minutes in the dealership. Picked the truck up later the same day.
SLAMLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:47 PM   #8
&quot*Damn*its*gotta*Hemi*&quot

It really is a show. I did a lot of reading up on the stuff that goes on, studied my pricing, had all the finacing done, and pretty much did the same as you. I love the experience now. But, we have a great dealership that we have used and they know my family with all the money we have given them. Lets save eachothers time, I will pay you and you coan move on to your next sale.