2 9" extensions
1 u joint
1 3" extention
plug socket
10 mm socket
anit seize
dielectric grease
16 ngk platinums

passenger side: remove battery and carefully bend coil packs in and out of holes.

Driver side: disconnect vaccum line in way and leave 2nd from back coil pack and plug wire undone to do the ones all the way in the back.

The rest is just time appox 3-4 hrs taking your time to do it right.

Good luck!

2004 1500 QC Slt Hemi
2004 Durango Slt Hemi
2003 SV 1000 Nekid
alienyzf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2007, 07:43 AM   #2

Has anyone used Bosch Platinum + 4 plugs?
If so how are they?
T-Hemi SUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 11:40 AM   #3

Im pretty sure a couple members have used them and they worked fine. I think they are kind of expensive though. I dont know that they would be worth the extra dollars when compared to the NGKs or equivalent. The stock replacement NGKs are around 2.50 per plug, around 38 bucks or so for all of em shipped. I know OldBaldie ordered a set of the Bosch and they were 142 bucks shipped. IMO, I couldnt justify the extra dollars. I went w/ the NGKs and they work just fine.
Black 04 RC 5.7L/KRC 210x cam and ported heads/Pacesetter Longtube Headers/SCT Tuned by Hemifever/Volant CAI/ IMCO Extreme/Alpine 9855 h.u./Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.5 components in kick panels/ Infinity 6x9s/1 10 SoloBaric L7/ 1000-watt Hifonics mono amp and 1500 watt RF 4 channel amp
osuHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2007, 07:11 PM   #4

Quote:
142 bucks shipped.
dang!!! If you would spend that much on plugs, then go with the NGK Iridiums. They are 100k mile plugs. I saw someone took them out after 30k and they didn't even look like they had been in a vehicle yet. Just my .02...
Future Dodge Challenger owner...if I am rich or gas prices drop....
Many mods to come....hehehe.

JustHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:51 AM   #5

I have all of the Iridium plugs and regular plugs on the website fellas that you should use. I would suggest either the NGK regular plugs or the NGK Iridiums.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:07 PM   #6

Thanks for the info on the install and thanks Duane for the great deal on the NGK plugs and Taylor shorty wires. Duane, do you think the stock coils are ok?
T-Hemi SUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 08:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Duane, do you think the stock coils are ok?
Yes sir, the factory coils are just fine. I haven't seen anybody making any performance replacements either. I have even made a few inquiries to a couple of the ignition companies, and they all said they had no plans of making any.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:11 AM   #8

Since I was replacing the wires also (with Taylor Shortys FTW!), i cut off one of the old wire boots to use as a plug extractor and installer - made it much easier.
Beach Assault Vehicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 07:17 PM   #9

OK, I really probably should have looked here first and did a little research, but I had based my decision on having done this same thing to my wife's Geo Prizm with outstanding results. I figured if it worked for her car, it'd work for my truck. I put 16 Bosch Platinum +4 plugs in my Hemi. I've only had them in there a couple of days and so far the results are:
If I behave and drive conservatively, my gas mileage improves over what the truck did on stock plugs.
If I get throttle happy, th mileage sucks just as bad as it did before and I really can't tell any difference in performance yet, the truck is still plenty fast enough to get me into lots of trouble with the fuzz.

I just finished searching the archives here and found where people are getting misfire alerts in their Dodge vehicles in using these plugs. As of yet, I haven't suffered any such thing. The truck still runs fine. Did I screw up royally in going with the Bosch or will they suffice until it's time to change them again?

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">'05 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab mit Hemi, auto trans, & 4x4, 20" factory rims and tires, Christened in blood by deer strike at week #4 of ownership in Branson, MO.
Designated tuba hauling vehicle.</span>
http://waynesworld.17.forumer.com/
Schlepporello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 06:18 AM   #10

I have about 20k on my Ram ngk platinums and about 15k on my durangos. No problems. I would think the major problems is people are not gapping the plugs properly.

2004 1500 QC Slt Hemi
2004 Durango Slt Hemi
2003 SV 1000 Nekid
alienyzf is offline   Reply With Quote