Jet performance chip - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Trucks and Special Editions > Dodge Durango

Old 08-24-2007, 07:12 PM   #1

Jet performance chip

I installed the stage two chip and the truck seems to have more " get up" on the low end and the trans shifts better. It's not in a hurry to go into overdrive. It goes in OD once your well up to speed. I'm taking a trip next week and then I'll check the milage and overall performance.

T-Hemi SUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2007, 08:38 PM   #2
Director Emeritus

Garage
Jet performance chip

The JET chip doesn't modify the shift points, so I'm assuming perhaps it has something to do with higher rpms Not sure...

Keep us updated on your progress
MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 12:14 PM   #3
semo03hemiram

Jet performance chip

Sounds like we have a real world tester for the Jet Chip!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2007, 07:19 PM   #4

Jet performance chip

You may be right. I didn't really look at the RPM's. I thought I read that it helped with the shift points. That may have been something else.
The Milage wasn't any better but 18 to 22 MPG isn't bad. I must admit that I was driving a little bit faster then I usally do. Between 80 and 85 on a 250 mile round trip. The truck does seem more responsive and quicker on the low end.
Other mods in the truck are a AFE CAI and an aero turbine 3030L. Taylor shorty wires and NGK plugs.( thanks Duane)Amsoil through out.
The truck runs great. No matter how fast your going there's plenty left.
FYI. To get to the PCM on a Durango you have to take the cowl off. I had to buy a gear puller to get the wiper arms off! Then remove the fresh air box. I installed the chip right in the truck. I didn't remove The PCM. I unpluged the harness's around the one where the chip goes to make it easier to install. Of course I disconnected the battery first. This message has been edited. Last edited by: T-Hemi SUV, document.write(''+ myTimeZone('Sat, 01 Sep 2007 17:30:27 GMT-0700', '01 September 2007 08:30 PM')+''); 01 September 2007 08:30 PM
Old 09-01-2007, 07:27 PM   #5

Jet performance chip

I just read the add for the Jet Stage Two chip. It says point to point air fuel mixture, timing advance, transmision and various other tuning points provide performance gains.