warranty transfer - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Warranty, Recall & Service Bulletin Info

Old 03-30-2008, 11:12 PM   #1

warranty transfer

I,m in the process of buying a 05 ram with 43000km. the truck was first bought in nov05, therefore there should be 7months and 17000kms left on the base war. I asked to see the service recrds and saw that the orig ownr had a 5yr 80000km wrnty (gold plan). I,m assuming that this wrnty is transferable to me? Any thoughts or facts on the matter?

hemitite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2008, 09:26 AM   #2

warranty transfer

Call or PM JamesD and ask him. Have the VIN # ready. He works for a dealership and should be able to help you out.
Hemi Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 08:27 AM   #3

Keep us updated on the transfer.
It should be around $25-50 to transfer. Personally, I would do it.
Years back, I had a 1983 Dodge Ramcharger that I transferred an aftermarket warranty on.
The Ramcharger was brought into a Dodge dealership with some looseness in the driveline. I thought "maybe some U joints" The dealer took the truck into the shop. The dealer had the truck 3 days and replaced the following:
Front and rear drive shafts with U joints.
New rear ring and pinion
New chain in the transfer case
All driveline fluids.
Bill showed ~$2600 in repairs.
Cost to me was $0.00
2014LaramieCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2016, 10:05 AM   #4

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemitite View Post
I,m in the process of buying a 05 ram with 43000km. the truck was first bought in nov05, therefore there should be 7months and 17000kms left on the base war. I asked to see the service recrds and saw that the orig ownr had a 5yr 80000km wrnty (gold plan). I,m assuming that this wrnty is transferable to me? Any thoughts or facts on the matter?
-------------------------------------
I'm not certain how Canadian laws view warranties...BUT I bought my '05 new in the States with the 7 year / 70,000 miles warranty whichever comes first...so although I only have 27K original miles the warranty is long past out due to age as I understand it . If there are emissions and / or safety recall issues then I do believe the coverage still applies. Please verify if this is accurate and check back with us...also let us know if Canadian laws are different regarding warranty coverage...

HemiFun05 is offline   Reply With Quote