Warranty Question - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Warranty, Recall & Service Bulletin Info

Old 09-13-2007, 04:21 PM   #1

Warranty Question

Can you guys tell me what engine mods I can do without voiding my Warranty. I am concered about that before I do anything to increase performance. I know a CAI does NOT void it, but what other mods can I do.

Thanks

Infernogrl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2007, 04:46 PM   #2

Warranty Question

Best way to look at it is that what you replace will not be covered by the warranty. If you have a cam installed at a Dodge dealer it will not void your Warranty, But will not be covered by it. If the cam would brake and damage the block then the block would not be covered. Also this is all left up to the Dealer to decide what the problem was. If you have stuff installed at the Dealer they will cover more then if someone else installs it. But you will pay for them to do the work. It's the old "you can pay me now or you can pay me later.
JAMESD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:29 PM   #3
Director Emeritus

Garage
Warranty Question

That's good info James! Basically "bolt-ons" such as a CAI, cat-back, headers, etc. will not void your warranty.
MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2007, 05:47 PM   #4

Warranty Question

Thanks for the info!
04 Rumbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:09 PM   #5

Warranty Question

Thanks for the info...now I can actually look into headers yay
Infernogrl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:25 AM   #6

Warranty Question

Hey Linda, I got mine from duane. I have dynatech LT headers with new cats. From my undestanding dynatech is considered mopar performance. But it would be very helpful if you had the superchip 1st. Get the O2 sims with the new headers.
Hemi Dave K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:56 AM   #7

Warranty Question

Just a quick suggestion, I put JBL Hedders on my other truck. Do yourself a favor and use the stage 8 bolts. I will save you alot of headaches.
Hemi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 07:11 PM   #8

Warranty Question

Hemi5. Glad to see another Georgia member.

You should go to the new members section and place a post.
Heminthesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:41 PM   #9

Warranty Question

so what you're saying jamesd is that i can buy a cam, intake manifold and fuel rails, heads, ect., get that installed by the dealer and they'll cover it a little more than someone else doing it?
Cipher117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:26 AM   #10

Warranty Question

What I think hes sayn Cipher is that you have to BUY the parts from the dealer or through them I think and if they are not Mopar they have to be dealer certified like I got my Gibson exhaust and Volant CAI through the dealer and they covered it in the warranty and those part were not Mopar but I bought them through the dealer I dont think they will cover you if you bought the parts somewhere else and had them install I dont think that they would cover a 6.1 cam install anyways they would warranty the work if the mechanic screwd up but I think that would be as far as it goes but if the cam broke anything else youre S.O.L.And since Dynatech headers makes the Mopar LT headers for Dodge they would probably cover that if you purchased them from them.But I think ultimately its all up to the dealer what they want to cover its their call every dealer is different though but programmers and chips defiently not covered

05 Hemi mineral gray QC/SB Laramie/Edelbrock(T.E.S)mid-length headers with Stage 8 locking bolts and Mopar header gaskets/Mopar CAI/Superchips Flaspaq/Aeroturbine 3030 muffler and 3040 exhaust tip/limited slip anti-spin rear with 3.92s/20inch stock chrome clad rims and tires/Moes traction bars/Hellwig rear swaybar/SRT-10 A-pillar gauge pod/Hemi Sport body kit with bolt on hood scoop and Daytona dual exhaust sill cut out/Hemi bedliner and coming soon SRT-10 22's ,SRT-10 hood and carbon fiber taillights
Silveradohunter is offline   Reply With Quote