T-S-B's - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Warranty, Recall & Service Bulletin Info

Old 12-17-2007, 08:47 PM   #1

T-S-B's

If your vehicle is out of warranty and you have paid to have them replace what they called at the time "wear and tear " parts such as brake pads and rotors while under warranty, should I get a refucnd or be reimbursed for my expenses?

Also I have 100k on my truck, there are several items that I know have not been done, such as the scratched window tint TSB(they actually tried to charge me $225 to fix the trim piece scratching my window tint). and the Oil pick up tube TSB

What should I do.

adam4by4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2007, 02:59 AM   #2
Board of Directors

Garage
T-S-B's

If I'm not mistaken I think the brakes are covered under warranty for only the first 12,000 miles. I had my front brake rotors replaced at 10,000 miles under warranty because they warped.

Here are the TSB's for the '03 models. Whether or not you can get those done on DCX's dime I can't tell you. It may depend on the dealership. If one won't do it try another dealership. Some are a lot better than others at this kind of thing. The dealership I use has been very helpful to me. Good luck.
HemiByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:04 AM   #3

Garage
T-S-B's

QUOTE: "It may depend on the dealership. If one won't do it try another dealership. Some are a lot better than others at this kind of thing. The dealership I use has been very helpful to me. Good luck."

Bought a "NEW" '95 Ram 1500 4x4 Short Bed in '95. It was a "Lemon", but that's not covered here in Nevada. So, kept taking it back to the purchasing dealer, Reno Dodge in Reno, NV. This dealership wouldn't even fix their own Mother's cars. It spent more time in their shop than in our garage over a 2 year period. *80 hours of warranty work=No Fix. It was like going to war to get them to do anything.

So, after moving to Las Vegas in '97, took it to Chapman Dodge. Great Service Manager, another 80+ hours of work, it was like a New Truck.

Yes, that's over 160 hours of warranty work!!!!!

Bought a 2000 Dakota Short Bed 4.7 V-8=Great Truck.

Now have a 2005 Hemi Quad Cab 4x4 Short Bed. Love it!!!!!
LVMAXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2008, 11:46 AM   #4

T-S-B's

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by LVMAXX:
QUOTE: "It may depend on the dealership. If one won't do it try another dealership. Some are a lot better than others at this kind of thing. The dealership I use has been very helpful to me. Good luck."

Bought a "NEW" '95 Ram 1500 4x4 Short Bed in '95. It was a "Lemon", but that's not covered here in Nevada. So, kept taking it back to the purchasing dealer, Reno Dodge in Reno, NV. This dealership wouldn't even fix their own Mother's cars. It spent more time in their shop than in our garage over a 2 year period. *80 hours of warranty work=No Fix. It was like going to war to get them to do anything.

So, after moving to Las Vegas in '97, took it to Chapman Dodge. Great Service Manager, another 80+ hours of work, it was like a New Truck.

Yes, that's over 160 hours of warranty work!!!!!

Bought a 2000 Dakota Short Bed 4.7 V-8=Great Truck.

Now have a 2005 Hemi Quad Cab 4x4 Short Bed. Love it!!!!!

You should head over to the new member forum and say hello
mudchucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 01:40 PM   #5
Board of Directors

Garage
T-S-B's

LVMAXX
HemiByrd is offline   Reply With Quote