Recall Notice! - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Warranty, Recall & Service Bulletin Info

Old 04-07-2007, 01:57 PM   #1

Recall Notice!

I apologize if this is old, but I just got a Recall Notice for my 06 in regards to the Hub & Berrings. Going in Mon. for the 2hr's the dealer said it will require. While I'm at it I think I'll switch over to Mobil 1 Synthetic.

HEMI VOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2007, 02:18 PM   #2
Director Emeritus

Garage
Recall Notice!

Let us know how the recall service goes... and good idea about switching over to synthetic
Buy your own oil and filter (Mobil 1) from somewhere other than the dealer and save about 50%
MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:29 PM   #3

Recall Notice!

I took mine in about 2 weeks ago, it took them longer then 2 hours, glad your getting it taken care of
TxTechHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2007, 05:03 PM   #4

Recall Notice!

Well my Recall and oil change only took an hour and a half. The Service Dept. wouldn't use my Mobil 1 filter though said they had to use the Mopar 1...anyone heard of this?
HEMI VOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:37 PM   #5
Director Emeritus

Garage
Recall Notice!

That's pretty much BS... but not all dealerships are the same. I bring in my own Mobil 1 and filter - the service manager and I joke all the time about how over priced his oil and filters are.
MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:50 PM   #6
&quotCompa&ntildeero&quot

Recall Notice!

My dealer promises that if you call for an appointment they will do an oil change in 1/2 hour...I've tried them 3 times and it's taken from 1 1/2 to 2 hours...I have had it with them and with bad coffee and watching morning t.v. in their waiting room. Cleaned and painted my ramps and doing it myself now. It's quality time spent and more economical quality parts. All of the above is one reason I said adios to my former GMC dealer.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:28 AM   #7

Recall Notice!

I never go to the dealer unless I have no choice. Even when I go there, I end up doing their work for them. Telling them what to check and what to do. They always have problems fixing and figuring things out. What a waste of time. The whole time you deal with them they act as if you need them not that they need you.
SLAMLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:08 AM   #8
&quotCompa&ntildeero&quot

Recall Notice!

Exactly, Slam! I was an engineer for a large utility...the big prop to look important and busy was to always have a, clip board in your hand...the Dodge Boyz know this too. Makes me laugh. One time I had just installed my anti-sway bars. I had my spare in the bed...I asked the service manager to have them air my tires to 40psi and showed him the spare in the bed. The next day just for the he!! of it I checked the air pressures...you know the rest of the story...next visit I'm going to casually tell them to center the bed and watch their reaction. I have complained about them and everytime they give me a free oil (2 hour) change...they all suck!
Old 05-29-2007, 07:56 PM   #9

Recall Notice!

Old thread, I know. I take my truck to the dealer for free oil changes that take 20 minutes or less...every time. I guess it depends on the dealer.
440 SixPak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:49 PM   #10

Recall Notice!

Yup, I just took mine into Pattersons Chrysler in Wallaceburg Ontario Canada last week. I was in and out in about 20 min., they also tossed in a bottle of inj. cleaner. Said they put inj. cleaner in with every oil change thats why they never have to do inj. work.
moparnutt340 is offline   Reply With Quote