Ram customer service sucks. - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Warranty, Recall & Service Bulletin Info

Old 08-05-2013, 07:42 PM   #1

Ram customer service sucks.

Just posted this on Ram's FB page. Thought I would share here as well.

[QUOTE]Ram, I am disappointed in my purchase of a 2013 Big Horn on Feb 22 2013. Actually I regret it! For 5 months I have been working through a U connect issue and it is still not fixed and I was sent home today with a non functioning display after your "update" fried my radio and display. Had to ask the dealer for duct tape to put over the display to keep the flashing display from distracting me and blinding me at night. And have to wait another 3 days for Ram to ship another radio to the dealer. Pretty sad that a customer that pays this kind of money for a truck and this is is the best you got? And your customer service line is the most pathetic thing I have ever experienced in my life, even wal mart has you beat in customer service. Called on a Sunday, told me to call the dealer. WTF? I have been calling, why do you think I called Ram? Took 72 hours for a supervisor to call back when I was assured I would get a call back in 48 hours (which is still 48 hours too long). And even then he called at night to my day time phone number and he did not leave an extension number, just the same 1-800 number to get the same old crap. And we Americans wonder why the Japs are kicking our asses. Sad, just sad./QUOTE]

HammerDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #2
Stu

Garage
Ghost03hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:38 PM   #3
Gary

You are not the first person I know of who had the new radios fried. They have to have an issue with these radios.

New ride
2013 Ram Crew Cab Sport
No Mods
leadfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #4
The Original Bee

Sorry for your radio problems bur Chrysler/Ram did not make your radio.
Blame the radio manufacturer. (Panasonic, Pioneer, JBL, Fujitsu Ten, Harman, Delco or whoever is building the units for Ram.)
I work for a Jap car maker and we have problems with NAV & Bluetooth all the time.

9 Best of Show
21 First Place
3 Class Awards
2 Truck of the Month
HTC Best Dressed Engine

HemiSuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:13 AM   #5

HSB, I am fully aware of supplier issues and manufactures. But 5 months? Come on..... This is totally unacceptable IMO. Plus I do blame this on Ram, the radio manufacturer did not slip that radio in there in the dark of night, nor was it government mandated against their will, Ram chose that company to be a supplier for them. Hold them accountable rather that leave your customer out in the cold for 5 months.

It's not the problems that are the issue, it's how you deal with them that make the difference and the lasting impression.

Leadfoot, I get that same impression too when the service writer comes back to me chuckling saying yea, they said that happens quite often and your new radio will be here in 3 days. Like it was no big deal.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:10 AM   #6

Garage
gAL IN MY OFFICE HAS THE SAME SITUATION WITH HER 2013 nISSAN

http://www.hemitruckclub.com/attachm...epic3972_3.gif
ROLLING THUNDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #7

I took the dealers suggestion and dowl loaded Pandora on my iPhone.

Who needs U connect?
Old 07-29-2016, 11:09 PM   #8

Paid for it for my 2010 .... Never was connected. Spent several hours on the phone and finally just ah the hell with it.
MoosinDaily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 12:27 PM   #9

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoosinDaily View Post
Paid for it for my 2010 .... Never was connected. Spent several hours on the phone and finally just ah the hell with it.
-----------------------------------------
Makes you miss the days when you could actually order a vehicle equipped exactly the way you desired (and yes in some instances a race ready model)...and then delete the extra crap you didn't want on the vehicle from the order form. Many dealers were very happy to sit down with you and let you custom build the vehicle you wanted through their factory check-off list.
Ain't progress great?

HemiFun05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 07:05 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiFun05 View Post
-----------------------------------------
Makes you miss the days when you could actually order a vehicle equipped exactly the way you desired (and yes in some instances a race ready model)...and then delete the extra crap you didn't want on the vehicle from the order form. Many dealers were very happy to sit down with you and let you custom build the vehicle you wanted through their factory check-off list.
Ain't progress great?

Those were the days

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me
Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote