Just a Few Questions... - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Warranty, Recall & Service Bulletin Info

Old 03-13-2005, 12:01 AM   #1

Just a Few Questions...

I reckon the answers to my questions are in other forums, I just don't have the time these days to search. All the help will be greatly appreciated.
Will some body explain the "#23 Fuse Pull"...
-reasons for, wwhat it does, and for what mods?
MrHemi-to what length did you cut your old aFe to, what size K&N air filter is that, and to modify it to that length, is it better to have the SRT-10 hood for the freshair flow, or does it matter?
To run the royal purple or the amsoil, what wix filter are ya'll using(I think it was wix?), should I run an engine cleaner before swithching, and if so, what is the best one?
On a lighter note-to all of you guys who are able to test run and time runs, is 0-62/63 in just baaaaaaarely over .10 mile good?Only mods so far are my custom true duals and K&N air filter. Thanks in advance for all the help.

RedNeckHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2005, 12:24 AM   #2
*Damn*its*gotta*Hemi*

Just a Few Questions...

Well, I talk about the RP stuff, I am running a standard WIX filter (do you need the number, if so Ill run out to the garage and check). I switched over to RP after my 2nd or 3rd oil change and did not use a cleaner. Just stick with what the book calls for on your oil changes as long as you are still under waranty. Actaully, what I am doing now is using RP and a new filter, then at 3k I put in a new filter and top off. The thing with RP is that it can be used longer than 3k miles. Once I am out of warranty, Ill prolly change to putting in RP, and changing the oil (checking it too) filter every 3k miles and keep it in the engine for about 12k before doing a full change.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:25 AM   #3

Just a Few Questions...

RNH: The fuse-pull trick resets the computer without erasing all of your radio presets like pulling the negative cable off the battery will. If you want to run AMSOIL, just order an AMSOIL filter and a bottle of the Engine Flush along with the oil. The Mobil 1 and Purolator Pure-1 filters are about as good as the AMSOIL filters and should be available at Advance Auto Parts/Autozone/Pep Boys. Make sure you look on the side of the box to see what the filter's "multi-pass efficiency" is. If it isn't 98%, don't buy it.
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2005, 12:32 AM   #4

Just a Few Questions...

Wix has a direct replacement size filter, but I use the bigger Furd Truck size, part # 51515. The small exact fit one is part # 51085. If you go to Wix web site it will tell you that they have the same thread size, o-ring diameter and thickness.
TR1 Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 12:33 AM   #5

Just a Few Questions...

DIGH-thanks, I would like the filter#, but you ain't gotta check tonight.It will be about two weeks before I change oil again.
Freeze-thanks, but why are we resetting the computer? A lot of the things you guys/gals talk about are new to me, and I never got the reason for the pull.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:35 AM   #6
*Damn*its*gotta*Hemi*

Just a Few Questions...

TR1, always with the easy way to do things. LOL, geeze I could have done that! hehe
Old 03-13-2005, 12:40 AM   #7

Just a Few Questions...

The computer has adaptive programming, so that no matter how many mods you put on the engine, the computer tries to bring the output back to stock. So pulling the fuse to reset the computer allows you to get some of the performance gains back until the computer readjusts. The only way to get around this is with different programming (Superchip/Hypertech).
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 12:41 AM   #8

Just a Few Questions...

I had the # in my head still, just did a oil change. LOL
TR1 Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 12:45 AM   #9
*Damn*its*gotta*Hemi*

Just a Few Questions...

Sad thing is I just did one last week also and I cant recall the number. Its on my printout and on my old filter that I havent thrown away yet sitting in the pan in the garage.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:48 AM   #10

Just a Few Questions...

DIGH, FREEZE, TR1~Thank you, thank you, thank you, I really do appreciate all the help.