I gotta tell ya... - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Warranty, Recall & Service Bulletin Info

Old 02-23-2006, 11:22 AM   #1
Director Emeritus

I gotta tell ya...

I had to go in to the dealership/service department a couple of days ago to fix the P0441 code I got. I returned my program to stock with SC before I went in and they performed the repairs needed. I also told them I had some shifting issues while towing and had a copy of TSB 18-013-04 with me which they used to perform the appropriate tranny flash.

I have since re-programmed with SC to performance, and now I'm experiencing better shifting than I had before. At any speed, in any gear, I get a shorter delay it takes for the rpm's to build and for the torque to be applied to the rear wheels. The shifts are firmer and have a more positive feel to them.

I originally thought that the SC program would completely overwrite whatever transmission programming existed and install it's "own", but from what I've experienced it seems that SC has improved and enhanced whatever programming existed. In my case, the TSB flash improved what I had, and SC then improved from that point.

I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced this which would suggest that if you haven't had the tranny flash done, get it done. Then again, maybe my experience is the exception to the rule???

Any thoughts?

Now I cannot WOT from a standing start because the tire (peg-leg) spins way too much... I see an Auburn posi in my future.

Pup

HEMI-PUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2006, 12:57 PM   #2

I gotta tell ya...

I'm going to have to look into that flash now. Glad it worked out for you.
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 06:51 PM   #3
&quot*Damn*its*gotta*Hemi*&quot

I gotta tell ya...

Curious.. I should check that out too.. Is it for the 03's only?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2006, 09:55 PM   #4
Director Emeritus

I gotta tell ya...

DIGH, here's the TSB I used which says it applies to the '03 models:

18-018-04

Here's to a similar TSB that says it applies to the '04 models:

18-041-04

I haven't found one specifically for the '05's though, but I'll keep looking.

Pup
Old 04-10-2006, 09:50 PM   #5

I gotta tell ya...

I can confirm this TSB helps immensely! Before Superchips,
I had this done on my '04. It was a different truck after the
flash. The tranny was much more responsive.

Sil
SilsHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 02:07 PM   #6

I gotta tell ya...

tell you what. WHen i went down to the dealership and told them that my truck was laggin up hill and searching for gears, along with showing them the printed out TSB, they damn near told me to go to hell and almost charged me 110 bucks. How easy was it for yall. I didnt really feel any difference. They did put a tag on the underside of the hood saying that they programmed the PCM. what to yall think? anyone could have written that thing and slapped it on there.
Big Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 03:56 PM   #7

I gotta tell ya...

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by SilsHemi:
I can confirm this TSB helps immensely! Before Superchips,
I had this done on my '04. It was a different truck after the
flash. The tranny was much more responsive.

Sil
I agree 100%
My truck's problem of searching for the right gear while towing was completely corrected with the flash. Shifting was improved when not towing also. Now that I have a Superchip Tuner it's even better.

Big Tex - no problems at all getting tranny flash at dealer where I purchased. Pulled up told them what it was doing after towing the first time in some hilly terrain, service manager said "oh, there is a computer flash that adresses that problem we'll take care of it." Had the oil changed and tranny flash in and out 1.5 hrs, no charge for tranny flash. 7 qts mopar oil and mopar filter $29.95 + tax.
Cajun Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 09:18 PM   #8
Director Emeritus

I gotta tell ya...

Hey Big Tex, I don't know what to tell you, but as I said earlier I definately noticed a difference. Could one of their mechanics just slapped a sticker under your hood without actually doing the flash? Absolutely.

What I would do is go to another Dodge dealership and tell them exactly what problems you've had (hunting for the right gear while towing, etc.) and that you brought it to another dealership for the flash, but it still continues to perform poorly. Ask them if they would at least hook it up to their diagnostic/flash equipment to see if:

#1 - The flash was done.
#2 - If there's any way of knowing if the flash took.

It can't hurt to ask.

Pup
Old 04-13-2006, 09:25 PM   #9

I gotta tell ya...

pup,
I will do that. DO they have a right to attempt to charge me 110 dollar preliminary charge just to look at it even if the motor and drivtrain is under warranty. They dont charge you if they found something wrong, but i mean come on. THey had to go test drive my truck for 25 minutes just verify. Then they tried telling me that it was my tires, even though i had it regeard to 4.56's. These guys can be idiots.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:25 PM   #10

I gotta tell ya...

by the way , do you have the link for the TSB for the 03. That dealership i took it too kept the printed TSB i gave them to look at.