Differential repaired under warranty! - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Warranty, Recall & Service Bulletin Info

Old 03-31-2005, 07:20 PM   #1

Differential repaired under warranty!

I had a pleasant dealer experience when I took my truck because of the broken spider gear my mechanic found (see post about "15K servicie, broken gear found") when he did the 15K service on my truck. I was waiting for them to tell me that it wouldn't be covered under warranty because I had changed the height of the truck, yeah, I lower the rear end 1.5" with drop shackles is all. But, nothing, not a word. I dropped my truck off at 7:30 and picked it up at 3:00, all done under warranty, no questions asked. Here's what the repair order says:
"Inspect and found spider gears in rear diff fractures. R&R rear carrier, and install new carrier and side bearings. Adjust to factory specs. Fill to proer level and road test. OK at this time." Here's the list of parts:

1-4384286 Differntl-differential
1-5072506aa Bearing-differential
1-5013477aa *Sealant
3-5010320aa Lubricant

I finally had a pleasant dealer experience and didn't have to get irritated about something. For you guys who haven't had your rear end fluid changed and gears checked, do it. My rear end didn't make a sound at all, but eventually it would have failed.
Jim

Ram4Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2005, 08:46 PM   #2
Director Emeritus

Garage

Good advice buddy! Glad all is well with your rear end now
MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 09:54 PM   #3
*Damn*its*gotta*Hemi*

Hey, do you think you can get refunded for your Rear End service when you found the broken gears? I guess that would have been a good reason to take it to the dealer so that it would have been done under warranty. hmmm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2005, 12:03 AM   #4

No, I'm not going to try that, Tom (my mechanic) did his job and did service my differential, it's not his fault I had to take it to the dealer after. I'm glad he found it, I'm never sure how honest a dealer is with me and I know I can trust Tom.
Jim
Old 04-01-2005, 12:24 AM   #5
*Damn*its*gotta*Hemi*

I mean from the Dealership.. Seems he "found" the problem
Old 04-01-2005, 12:42 PM   #6

Oh, I see what you're saying! The dealer would probably just say you should have brought it here in the first place.
Jim