Hemi Truck Club banner

Unplugged PCM, Truck won’t start

3K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  ArcticWolf 
#1 ·
I had my pcm unplugged for a few weeks, plugged it back in and the fuel pump won’t kick on or the starter. Dash lights up but nothing happens at the turn of the key. Plugged my diablo tuner up to it and it can’t even read a vin?????

#2 ·
Dead battery?

#4 ·
Check your ASD relay and fuse.

#10 ·
It cranks up and runs with a different pcm maybe that one was fried. But the diablo tuner cannot read a vehicle. Can’t run without a tune. Stalls out immediately with the big cam. The original 03 pcm cannot marry with the tuner either. Tuner is not messed up. It read the vin in another vehicle. Is there any wires that go from the pcm to the obd2 plug? Maybe I have a communications issue

#12 ·
This issue occurred after I plugged up the wrong pcm. I plugged it up then I seen my radio act funny. Then after that the tuner would not recognize any pcm in the truck. It recognized a Durango that I plugged it up in. I think that pcm might’ve burnt a wire somewhere maybe????

#13 ·
Do yourself a favor and mark all your pcm's.. the worst thing about these trucks is the electronics and you seem to keep jumping back in the pit. You will need to chase the wires to see what is broken

#15 ·
This link is one I got 2 yrs ago or so when I was having problems in my truck. Turns out one wire in the harness for the PCM had to be cut and that fixed the whole issue.

Anywho, the mechanic that fixed my truck - came to my house for 3 days and only charged me $85 - is the one that gave it to me. I've talked with them on the phone, you give them your VIN and actual mileage and they will preprogram it for you and send it to you - but there is a core charge.

https://store.allcomputerresources.com/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.