Trans Oil pump blew up - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Drivetrain, Differential and Transmission

Old 07-14-2008, 03:22 PM   #1

Trans Oil pump blew up

So, has anyone heard of this? I have an '05 Ram with the 45rfe. My "tunner" set my rev limiter up to 6400 RPM in park so I could "rev the hell out of it in park to show off." So, I did just that and the first time I did it the trans oil pump exploded. I took the trans in and they said that tranny needs the rev limiter set low RPM because it can't handle a high rev in park and that the tunner never should have set it that high and told me to rev it up that high. Anyone hear of this.

Thanks

Langlioni is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2008, 06:07 PM   #2
Director Emeritus

Garage
Trans Oil pump blew up

First I've heard of this. Sorry to hear it happened to you

How many miles on the truck?
MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 01:09 AM   #3

Trans Oil pump blew up

Oh yeah that is way too high to be doing at idle lol They should really put a disclaimer on tuners well sorry that happend, but next time dont tell that to the dealership lol about 4000 is all you ever want to do and that is briefly, dont sit there and tack out the limit until it goes boom. Well you learned the hard way, but i bet you wont do it again.
JohnnywithaHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2008, 06:35 PM   #4
semo03hemiram

Trans Oil pump blew up

Quote:
quote:Oh yeah that is way too high to be doing at idle lol They should really put a disclaimer on tuners well sorry that happend, but next time dont tell that to the dealership lol about 4000 is all you ever want to do and that is briefly, dont sit there and tack out the limit until it goes boom. Well you learned the hard way, but i bet you wont do it again.
4500 is the max! I think the factory is somewhere around 4000-4200. It is set like that for a reason, and now you know the reason....