Tranny Issue - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Drivetrain, Differential and Transmission

Old 05-25-2008, 09:30 PM   #1

Tranny Issue

2006 QC auto. Start after sitting all night, put it in reverse and it takes 3 or 4 seconds then it jumps into gear. Same thing with putting it in drive after sitting for a while. Shifts fine during normal driving and WOT.

Fluid level is fine. Fluid is not burnt or dirty...11k on the odo. Any suggestions?

440 SixPak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2008, 10:28 PM   #2

Tranny Issue

I don't think its anythign to worry about. I know on the older models almost all of them did that and it turned out to be a bad filter design. It was letting the fluid run out of the converter, so it took a few seconds for the converter to get filled back up after it sat for awhile. I thought they fixed the design either in 04 or 05?? Have you had your tranny serviced and possibly got a older filter?
proudhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 01:13 AM   #3

Tranny Issue

Mine does the same thing when using superchips 87 tune... Like you said, it doesn't seem to "hurt" anything, but is noticeable. Mine was doing it before, and after my 1st tranny service.
madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2008, 11:18 AM   #4

Tranny Issue

Nothing's been done to the tranny. The truck is an '06 and has almost 11k miles on it. No mods to the drivetrain and no "chip".

Thanks for the help, guys.
440 SixPak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:32 PM   #5

Tranny Issue

some from the factory have the filter seal put on the filter neck and then put in as an assembly, that is not the correct way, you are suppose to put the seal in first then slide the filter up into the seal, more than likely the neck is not all the way in the seal, or the seal is not all the way in the hole, if you are any good with cars, you can take the pan down yourself its not that hard, just kinda dirty, but you definitely need to get that fixed, or else you will starve the transmission of fluid and possibly fry some clutches.
JohnnywithaHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote