Throttle control issues - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Drivetrain, Differential and Transmission

Old 09-20-2011, 08:47 AM   #1

I started the truck today and it was idling rough with the ETC warning light flashing. The manual says to take it in for immediate service.

Is there anything I can check or troubleshoot from home? There are no trouble codes.

Thanks.

[color:red]If you are interested in saving money on items you already buy, or you would like to generate additional income helping others save...send me a PM.[/color]

2004 QC 4x2 Black Hemi Sport/ Mopar Gull Wing Tonneau Cover /Depo LED tails/ Kicker audio/ Alpine 9856 HU/ General Grabber

2012 Hemi Durango Crew, True Blue

Check out my band
View our videos

Black Magik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2011, 08:47 AM   #2

I started the truck today and it was idling rough with the ETC warning light flashing. The manual says to take it in for immediate service.

Is there anything I can check or troubleshoot from home? There are no trouble codes.

Thanks.

[color:red]If you are interested in saving money on items you already buy, or you would like to generate additional income helping others save...send me a PM.[/color]

2004 QC 4x2 Black Hemi Sport/ Mopar Gull Wing Tonneau Cover /Depo LED tails/ Kicker audio/ Alpine 9856 HU/ General Grabber

Check out my band
View our videos

Old 09-21-2011, 07:40 AM   #3

did it do it again after turning it off and restarting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2011, 06:49 PM   #4

Yep. I tried a couple of times. I researched a little and I may have had some luck resetting the PCM or pulling the battery cables.

But it was raining and I am working the afternoon shift this week so I didn't have much time to play around.

I tried to drive it to the garage, but it was stuck in limp mode. I drove back home and called for a tow.

Hopefully will hear more tomorrow.

Check out my band
View our videos

Old 09-22-2011, 03:26 PM   #5

Easiest way is to pull the # 19 PCM skim fuse then replace, its marked in your fuse box and no hassle of pulling the battery terminals.
2003 Silver Ram 2500 Moose SLT QC/LB 4x4 | NV4500-HD 5Speed Manual trans | Tow pkg | Centerline dual friction clutch| 3.73 LS |Borla dual catback |Bilstein Shocks| Billet Grill | 15% Win Tint | Bushwacker color matched flares| Pwr adjustable petals |Superchip| Mopar wheel liners |Ramhammer intake| Mopar alum fuel door | MSD Blaster coils & 8.5 ignition wires |SS nerf bars | Chrome ext handles | Atm graphite tails |Silverstar bulbs| Hurst alum T handle shifter| B&D Short throw Shift kit|

5SpeedHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:35 AM   #6

Well it ended up being a wiring issue. I read about a similar issue on DodgeForum.com. There is a wire bundle that runs along the fuel rail that is susceptible to vibrating and wearing through to ground out.

I don't know if it was the same wire, but I had a throttle control wire that was worn down to the conductor and totally grounded. The throttle was completely non-responsive.

So if anyone has a membership at DodgeForum, let them know they helped someone out here at HTC.

Check out my band
View our videos

Old 10-03-2011, 12:31 AM   #7
Greg

Garage
Good to hear you got it fixed. I have never heard of this particular problem and have had my wiring harness pulled apart and find it odd that it would wear through. Any pictures?

1# 2017 HTC FASTEST HEMI List....
Current 1/4 mile [email protected] (2018)
Current 60' PB 1.351 (2019) mechanical issue for 1/4m

HTC 2018 TOTY

Support vehicle- 2007 QC G56 4x4 diesel
Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote