Hemi Truck Club banner

SRT-10 T56 swap into a 04 Hemi Ram

6K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  83RansomHemi 
#1 ·
I know its been done. Main thing I'm wondering is, what clutch, flywheel and bellhousing is being used. I believe the Quick Time #8074(for the drivers mounted starter) or the #8077(pass side mounted stater) are needed. Is it better to use the 2500 Hemi clutch and flywheel(with the#8074 bh), or the challenger setup(with #8077 bh). My truck is already has the 05 SRT rear diff. I'll be using the driveshaft, trans, crossmember, clutch pedal set up and clutch hydraulics form the SRT. But I am curious on the clutch hydraulics as well. Thanks in advance!!

#2 ·
I used the RM 8081. Go with Challenger clutch parts. Pretty sure I was chatting with you earlier on the Bee/Daytona page

#3 ·
By the way 8074 doesn’t work for the 5.7/6.1 hemi. That’s for the older small block 318/360’s

#4 ·
I use 8074 all the time,built from scratch T-56s,GTO and GT500 T-56s I use RM 6076 when I use a modifed a LS/LT1 T56 and 8077 when I use a purpose built Viper T-56s If you get your Flywheel from Rylis Productions | RylisPro Billet Flywheels he'll help you get the right one.

#5 ·
I looked into this last year and was told (by Summit) that the RM 8074 wouldn’t fit between my 5.7 and Ram SRT10 trans. I would trust your word over theirs. If this is the case I will be buying one because I want to get my starter back over to the drivers side. Just to crowded on the passenger side with my headers.

#9 ·
yes the measurement is from trans mounting surface to the block mounting surface , the difference in "height" is do to the Challenger trans is a 6060 (new version of the T-56) the input shaft is longer , to give the extra space needed for the OEM Dual Disk clutches. the 8077 and 8074 are designed to be used with stock style flywheels, the only difference is the starter location, the 6074 is shorter from Trans mounting surface to block surface, it can be used but it's the one that people have the most issues with because of the flywheel, the flywheel sits closer to the block on the LA(273-360) engines. the Input shaft on a T56 needs to be shorten to use it, and there are afew other issuse as well, it was designed with older still linkage in mind and not hydraulic throw out bearings. I'll get back to this latter have to run

#12 ·
Whew! I had to read that like 3 times. So After all that I’m just going to keep my current setup. QT8081, Centerforce twin disk, Tilton 60-6105 and Ram SRT trans.. I guess I’ve gotten lucky with the SRT10 hydraulics as mine aren’t leaking yet. As always thanks for the input!

Reactions: ric3xrt
#13 ·
I think the Belgiquebasterd also used the 8081 bellhousing, I don't tell people not to go that route, if they are going to use the stock Challenger Flywheel and the Dual disc set up , it is the way to go, I've had header clearance issues with the Passenger side starter Bell's .,,,,you can never go wrong with Tilton parts.

I did a T56 rebuild for friend of mine who has had his 04 SRT10 truck since, new, 160-170k on it and he also hasn't had any issues with the stock Hydraulics.

I think Madoyster? is also planing on using the 8081 Bell also.

I've been thinking of making a Aluminum pedal set up you'd be suprised how close the 02-08 clutch and brake pedal are to the 72-93 pedals, they may not look it but the pivit point and actual pedal are in the same "spot"

Reactions: Redtruck-VA
#15 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.