SRT-10 T56 swap into a 04 Hemi Ram - Page 2 - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Drivetrain, Differential and Transmission

Like Tree7Likes

Old 12-09-2019, 08:37 AM   #11

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83RansomHemi View Post
ric3xrt, I was looking on Rylisī page the other day. Did you use the 8074 on a Hemi Ram t56 swap? If so, details
1st one I did was a bit of a Cluster Phuck, I used a modified LT1 t56, big mistake, Needed a custom pilot bearing....gave up on that route, and then just changed the input shift to a actual Viper input. used the 6076 Bell housing Centerforce 601810, and centerforce dual disk clutch... .not enough room in the bellhousing to get it all to fit, so then I went and bought a stock SRT10 Ram hydraulic set up, Ram Flywheel and a ram street clutch....stay a way from the OEM SRT10 hydraulics....they leak like a sieve in about 3 months, the Roe Racing set up is the way to go(see below)

last one was a 03 4.7 5 speed truck,4x4 converted of to 4x2 , t56 is out of a 99 Viper, QT RM8074 ,Roe Racing Complete Clutch set up(see link), bought a used SRT10 truck drive shaft and trans X member. pedals were already in the truck, this one is just a driver, kids still has the old 4.7 in the truck, next year he's playing on a hemi swap.
https://www.roeracing.com/product/co...06-ram-srt-10/

The Roe set up comes complete, works well with a single disk and the SRT10 stock disk/Centerforce if you go with something like a McLeod RST there's not enough room , the 8074 and the 8077 don't play well with the 09 and later style Flywheel. for that you need the 8081.

The 05 GTx has the RM6076, Tilton 60-6035 release bearing, Tiltion 76-625 master(clutch) cylinder. and a Black Magic Clutch nex-gen clutch. the T56 in it has the GT500 32 spline out put shaft and a Magnum 6060 tail shaft.

If you find a LT1 or LS1 cheap enough , it's not a big deal to make those work, need to change the Mainshaft,tailhousing,input shaft....I know simple right(LOL) but you can recoup your cost by selling the parts you swap on Ebay , there's always some one looking for the weak 27 spline mainshaft and the Input shaft gets bent a lot on those LT/LS1 trans.

The C5/C6 T56s can be used also, need to change the Mainshaft/Input shaft and buy a tailhousing.

all in all I've done 3 for myself, and 6 for other people.
kcd1369 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2019, 07:34 PM   #12
Randall

Whew! I had to read that like 3 times. So After all that I’m just going to keep my current setup. QT8081, Centerforce twin disk, Tilton 60-6105 and Ram SRT trans.. I guess I’ve gotten lucky with the SRT10 hydraulics as mine aren’t leaking yet. As always thanks for the input!
ric3xrt likes this.
Procharged P1Sc, Big valve P&P heads,HC lifters,Inertia Blower cam, Mopar long tubes with SS 3"true duals, Magnaflow hi-flow cats & Race mufflers, T56 manual swap with Centerforce DYAD clutch, Dana 60 with cryoed 4.56 gears, Caltracs, Flexalite & custom Injected Engineering dyno tune.
BeeFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 10:01 AM   #13

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeFast View Post
Whew! I had to read that like 3 times. So After all that Iím just going to keep my current setup. QT8081, Centerforce twin disk, Tilton 60-6105 and Ram SRT trans.. I guess Iíve gotten lucky with the SRT10 hydraulics as mine arenít leaking yet. As always thanks for the input!
I think the Belgiquebasterd also used the 8081 bellhousing, I don't tell people not to go that route, if they are going to use the stock Challenger Flywheel and the Dual disc set up , it is the way to go, I've had header clearance issues with the Passenger side starter Bell's .,,,,you can never go wrong with Tilton parts.

I did a T56 rebuild for friend of mine who has had his 04 SRT10 truck since, new, 160-170k on it and he also hasn't had any issues with the stock Hydraulics.

I think Madoyster? is also planing on using the 8081 Bell also.

I've been thinking of making a Aluminum pedal set up you'd be suprised how close the 02-08 clutch and brake pedal are to the 72-93 pedals, they may not look it but the pivit point and actual pedal are in the same "spot"
Redtruck-VA likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2019, 02:04 PM   #14

This is a great thread....... I have an 04 QC with 5.7 that i've wanted to manual swap.... I'm going to reference this thread as I grab parts for this rig.
DakBuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 01:54 AM   #15
Truck of the year 2014

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakBuilder View Post
This is a great thread....... I have an 04 QC with 5.7 that i've wanted to manual swap.... I'm going to reference this thread as I grab parts for this rig.
Best mod ever for a street truck imho!

Happy reading, did pay the photobucket extortion fee so the pictures should not be blurry anymore, let me know if they work.

https://www.hemitruckclub.com/forums...ans-14249.html
Redtruck-VA and ric3xrt like this.
Christof Matthys - 2003 2x4 QC Ram hemi - 0-60: 5,4 sec @ 6900 pounds - tuned by Charged392 - 392 stroker - vararam - Flexalite Efan - 170 T stat - Taylor shorty wires - pacesetter headers - true duals - evap delete - airco delete - truetrac lsd rear diff, 3.92 gears, T56 6 speed manual - homebuilt rear axle flip - Charged 392 design longbars - energy suspension poly bushings - michelin contisportcontact 275/30 R20 - 2/4,5 drop - hydroboost swap - srt front 4 piston caliper swap - PLX Devices AFR, fuel pressure, OBDII logger

Belgiquebasterd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 08:52 AM   #16

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgiquebasterd View Post
Best mod ever for a street truck imho!

Happy reading, did pay the photobucket extortion fee so the pictures should not be blurry anymore, let me know if they work.

https://www.hemitruckclub.com/forums...ans-14249.html
I copied your Shopping list from your thread.

- 2009 challenger pilot bearing
- Fidanza aluminium 2009 challenger flywheel
- Arp flywheel bolts
- Centreforce or McLeod or RAM twin disk clutch
- 2009 challenger clutch slave
- Quicktime 8081 2009 challenger direct replacement bell (only one that takes twin disc clutch)
- 2009 challenger starter
- SRT 10 driveshaft yoke
- SRT 10 clutch master
- SRT 10 pedal assembly

-Pilot Bearing can be from any V8 Manual trans application since 1992.

Remember this shopping list is for a DUAL disc clutch set up.