Some Questions - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Drivetrain, Differential and Transmission

Old 02-04-2008, 05:57 PM   #1

Some Questions

Hey peeps -

I've been reading though these threads and given the mods I'm putting in, I think an investment in the stock rear end (insert humorous line of choice here ;-) is money well spent. That being said, I'm a little unclear as to which products I should run with. The only thing that is clear is that the Detroit or Auburn is the way to go. I don't tow anything, nor do I, or will I, do any offroading. I'm building a sports truck, so heavy accelerating is the force to be reckoned with! It seems to me that the Detroit is more for you off roaders, so I'm leaning towards the Auburn (which 3rd strike carries). Which one do you guys think is the best application for speed vice off roading? This is my daily driver as well, so I don't really get on it much to and from work. Okay, well, not all the time, lol.

My second question revolves around gears. I have the 17's, so that means 3.55. Any upgrade is a good one at this point, but again, I'm a little confused as to where to go, the 3.96 or the 4.10?

Thanks!

Baines is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2008, 03:11 AM   #2

Some Questions

I can speak for the Auburn and 4.10's. They will get you moving in a hurry.... and I have a 4X4.
Only "downside" to an Auburn is you can not use synthetic oil. Gotta stick with dyno, no biggie though.
Yes, Duane is the way to go.
Big Budda is offline   Reply With Quote