Hemi Truck Club banner

Slight Shudder at Take Off!

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Raminator 
#1 ·
Needing some advice!

For the past 5k miles or so, I noticed that my 2005 Ram Quad cab will shudder for about the first 5 feet of a start from a stop. This feels similar to driving on the ribs on the side of the interstate. This is more prominant when starting from an incline and when turning, I assume that would mean that loading contirubutes to the shudder. Any recommendations of suggested areas to look would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Needing some advice!

For the past 5k miles or so, I noticed that my 2005 Ram Quad cab will shudder for about the first 5 feet of a start from a stop. This feels similar to driving on the ribs on the side of the interstate. This is more prominant when starting from an incline and when turning, I assume that would mean that loading contirubutes to the shudder. Any recommendations of suggested areas to look would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

#4 ·
Thanks, that gives me the basics to check first. What's the proper way to check the rear tranny mount?

Thanks,

#5 ·
Visually check it for cracks and tear and you can push up on the tail shaft of the trans and see if it moves easily
Upward if it does it's Deff bad it's not a very common thing to fail on our trucks but check to make sure

#6 ·
If it has a lsd differential it may need a oil change with friction modifier. good luck

#7 ·
Any update?

#8 ·
Seems as though I'm starting a chain of threads with issues on my truck, but mine is doing something similar
Gotta check all of the above mentioned things, but mine is mostly while at a turn around 5 mph. And on the interstate the other day, pushing brakes give a bad shimmy, not really in the steering wheel, seems like the entire truck is shuddering

#9 ·
No update yet, havent had a chance to change the Diff oil.

But just as Marine mentioned, truck is shuddering on the interstate as well. at around 70 - 75 MPH, which is not really felt in the steering whell, but in the entire truck.

Could a bad shock cause this type of stuff?

#10 ·
Are you talking about a vibration? Speed related? Load related? Most common vib is a unbalanced tire.

#11 ·
Shudder from take off ended up being fixed upon Differential Fluid change. Truck also developed a hum from the frond end that sounded a lot like worn tires, thought a rotation would fix it, but that ended up being the front wheel bearings. That ended up being an expensive service trip. All is good now, no hum, no shudder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.