Hemi Truck Club banner

Question

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  charged392 
#1 ·
So I have a 2017 ram 2500 with a 5.7 hemi.... My currently rear end I believe is a 3.62, A friend of mine at work told me that I could upgrade my rear end to a 4.10 rear end....my question is this; I often tow a 10000 pound camper fully loaded....would it Be worth the cost of upgrading the rear end from 3.62 to 4.10... Would I notice any difference in towing for it to be worth it?

#2 ·
What you have is probably a 392. I would not change it for towing. If your just wanting to take off quicker, then an upgrade is a good idea. I have changed to a 456 and it really makes a difference on the bottom end but, for just towing, no need to change.

Welcome to the HTC family.

:Kneel2Hemi:

#5 ·
Here are the specs,
2017 Ram 2500 SLT

5.7 Hemi with the 6 speed tranny
3.73 axle ratio
I want to replace with a 4.10 ratio

Thoughts on improving towing a 10k camper? I dont care about the miniscule change in mileage mpg, just want more torque and off line capability....got an estimate of 1500.... thoughts??

#6 ·
I often tow a 10000 pound camper fully loaded....
IMO, if it is a 2x4 change the rear gear to 4:56 with a DTT carrier. If it is a 4x4 trade it in for a more suitable truck. (Diesel)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.