Hemi Truck Club banner

No start / wrong gears on cluster / data inside

912 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  charged392 
#1 ·
I just replaced the engine in a 2009 1500 I picked up to repair and now it wont start. The cluster will only display drive and reverse, and I have verified the selector lever on the trans is moving freely. I have an Ethos I got the following data from and want to ask the great interwebz for confirmation of my issue as I do not currently have access to wiring diagrams. I can see the switch positions changing while moving through selector positions so Im sure the selector is good, "its gotta be" the range sensor on the trans, throwing it to you guys to make sure im not missing something. Thanks in advance

With selector in park position;
t41/c1; open
t42/c2; closed
t3/c3; open
t1/c4; open
t2/c5; closed
display request; R
present gear; N
target gear; R

With selector in reverse position;
open
closed
open
open
open
R
N
R

With selector in neutral position;
open
closed
closed
closed
open
D
N
1st

With selector in drive position;
open
open
closed
closed
open
D
N
1st

See less See more
#2 ·
No srart, means no crank?

#3 ·
#5 ·
The 09 is too new for me to have wiring diagrams, but if you want to crank and start the engine you should beable to turn the key on and jump the starter motor to run. Assuming the fuel pump runs for a few seconds initially when key is first turned on.

#6 ·
My end goal is for sure starting and running the engine, but this will have to be solved sooner or later either way. I was just trying to throw it out there and see if anyone had heard of this before I open the trans up to replace the range sensor.

#7 ·
Understood.. good luck..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.