Hemi Truck Club banner

No O/D.. Late to shift up gears..

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Redtruck-VA 
#1 ·
99 ram 1500 sport loaded 4x4.. 5.4?

265 tires.

Trans shop is telling me it needs a complete rebuild and will install everything for $1250.. Kevlar bands, high output pump, etc.

Check engine light is on -( TPS high voltage - new sensor and reset- still there)..

Trans doesn't like to up shift till 2800 or 3200. Have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Will not go into overdrive. I am new to automatic. Trans. However mad wrenches and tools in my hands for 20 years between all Powersports and manuals...

This was a New York truck. Rust! New pan and filter kit .. No change..

Nathan. JAX FL

#2 ·
Welcome to htc and another Florida member man we keep growing

That truck should have a 5.9 or a 5.2 v8 if you changed the sensor and the code is still there make sure te wires are good give each one a good tug right at the sensor itself most of the time the wire breaks in te sheathing and you can't see it but if you pull on it the wire will pull apart exposing the problem if the wires ate good on that truck then the PCM is a very likely culprit

Fix/check that before you do anything with trans rebuild comp need the tps or it will shift and act like crap

Do you have a hemi truck too or just the 99

#3 ·
Yep, sounds like you are in limp mode, find another shop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.