Hemi Truck Club banner

Manual ecm?

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  fast69mopar 
#1 ·
Anyone know where I can get an 05 manual trans ecm? Or maybe anyone have experience flashing one? My trans is on the way out and I've got a tr6060 lined up to go in and the ecm is my biggest issue. Thanks for any help!!!!

#2 ·
Salvage yard is you best bet. The internet dealers will tell you they have one but they don't. If one says he has one tell him to go put his hands on it and send you a picture. Otherwise he'll sit on your money while he looks for one. The typical excuse is usually the one he had was damaged and couldn't be repaired. Good luck..

#3 ·
#4 ·
Priced about right... new @ dealer they were around $750. The pcm will come from a 2005 ram 2500/3500

#5 ·
Just thinking out loud, wasn't the 5spd manual trans in the 4.7?

#6 ·
Yes and it is easier to Find , I know people have used it to run the 5.7s , I don't know how well it can be fine tuned , have to ask DakotaJ or Keith about it.

I still believe the Magnum/300 Nag1 ECU will work in our trucks, I just haven't be able to spend time on the swap to see. I remember checking the pins and almost all lined up I've been meaning to search it out again.

https://sykedecutuning.com/ is some one to try and see if he can reprogram your auto over to manual...like B&G(I think that was the one ?) use to.

#7 ·
Back when pcm swaps were rare, I had B&G reflash a 03 (auto) pcm to manual. It worked as expected for a 03. I then found a 03 manual trans pcm and again had B&G flash a companion tune and vin in it and again it worked good up to 6lbs boost. Then swapped to 05 manual pcm having B&G flash the vin. Companion tune wasn't necessary for the 05.

#8 ·
The problem I ran into on reflashing an auto PCM to manual is the CELs. You can’t get around them. We tried everything. This meant I couldn’t get emissions or tags. As far as functionality it worked great on my boosted truck with T56. I ended up finding an 05 manual PCM.

#9 ·
Out of all of the PCM swaps I have performed I have only had one successful flash from auto to manual that didn't have a single issue afterwards. The last 2 manual trans PCM swaps I ended up using the PCM from a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7 Getrag G238 six speed and I have always tuned with HP Tuners.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.