Hemi Truck Club banner

Looking for experience on torque converters

4K views 42 replies 8 participants last post by  morgancal 
#1 ·
So I have talked to my tuner and have the understanding that my tc is my missing component to really get my truck running right. Right now I have 4.56, lt headers, 268 comp cam, and tune.

Has anyone ever taken down a trans on the ground? My main reason I haven't done the tc is because I dont have access to a lift. Has anyone been successful dropping the trans with the truck o the ground. I really want to do this project but not at the expense of running into major problems.

What yall think?

#39 ·
HP Tuning has a lot help on their forum on specific tuning . I'm struggling with it, but feel like I have a break through once in awhile. Once you are on top of it you are way ahead of the game.

#40 · (Edited)
I have heard nothing but good things from HP. However I'm just not that guy to try and figure out the tuning end of things. I'll leave it to the experts. I know the co-pilot is expensive but it has on the fly settings and seems to be a good deal. Coupled with a 545 with a stage 3 vb will make for a good trans.

Edit: after talking to ats the only dif between the 400hp trans and the 600hp trans is the copilot. Now they do some other stuff to their trans like increasing surface area on clutches. But I think for the hp I am running that the copilot will be enough to handle my cam and tc

#42 ·
So after everything. I think I'm going to wait and save up for the ats trans. Theirs comes with the copilot, tc, and all the mods they do. They also have an awesome warranty. With mine having 179k miles on it I dont want to risk trashing a $600 tc. I really appreciate everyone helping me on this thread. I have learned so much!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.