Limited Slip - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Drivetrain, Differential and Transmission

Old 04-19-2008, 01:12 PM   #1

Limited Slip

My 06 ram doesn't have limited slip. So I called the Dodge dealer to find out how much it would cost. They said for a factory mopar lim. slip diff. was 575 without install. STRUGGLE!!!!! The only problem is that I have to go with a Mopar rear because otherwise it'll void my warranty. Gotta have one though!

Hemifyed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2008, 04:17 PM   #2

Limited Slip

Whats going to void your warranty,.. getting an LSD installed,.. I don't think so. You could always purchase an aftermarket one and have the dealership install it them they could warranty it.

They are only trying to scare you into letting them do it.
mudchucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 04:44 PM   #3

Limited Slip

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mudchucker:
Whats going to void your warranty,.. getting an LSD installed,.. I don't think so. You could always purchase an aftermarket one and have the dealership install it them they could warranty it.

Ok. The way I understood it was that I had to get an OE LSD in order to preserve my warranty. If thats not the case, I will get an aftermarket one for sure. I guess Dodge has gotta try to get their money too right!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2008, 05:43 PM   #4

Limited Slip

Preserve what warranty for the rear diff??? Its an open diff,.. it has a ring/pinion and some spiders...

Maybe someone else can help as well,.. but I am lost as to what warranty,.. bearing failure, seal leaks???
mudchucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:21 AM   #5

Limited Slip

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mudchucker:

The dealer just got me confused with the warranty info. Yeah I'm just gonna get an aftermarket LSD. It'll definitely be better than the diff I've got now. Thanks.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:13 PM   #6

Limited Slip

you might as well throw in some 4.56's too while youre at it

05 Hemi mineral gray QC/SB Laramie/Edelbrock(T.E.S)mid-length headers with Stage 8 locking bolts and Mopar header gaskets/Mopar CAI/Superchips Flaspaq/Aeroturbine 3030 muffler and 3040 exhaust tip/limited slip anti-spin rear with 3.92s/20inch stock chrome clad rims and tires/Moes traction bars/Hellwig rear swaybar/SRT-10 A-pillar gauge pod/Hemi Sport body kit with bolt on hood scoop and Daytona dual exhaust sill cut out/Hemi bedliner and coming soon SRT-10 22's ,SRT-10 hood and carbon fiber taillights
Silveradohunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:46 AM   #7

Garage
Limited Slip

Most dealers don't want to mess with non-Chrysler parts. Who would they go to for installation support?
MikeHTally is offline   Reply With Quote