Hemi Truck Club banner

I'm thinking of converting to rwd

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  FASTHEMIRAM05 
#1 ·
Anyone have any recommendations? I'm currently awd and if anyone has any tips or advice to give me I.e. parts etc sect. I know the transfer case, front driveshaft and axle have to be taken out.... what needs to replace the front Axel? Will my tranny be OK or do I need a different transmission?

#3 ·
My Jeep SRT its awd right now and I want it to be rwd only.

#4 ·
It's going to be tricky the truck will throw all kinds of codes missing all the awd stuff you want to remove if you don't care about the codes you will need to remove front diff and put axle ends back in to hold the front hubs together remove front drive shaft get a nag1 tailshaft for say a charger maybe need to fab up a crossmember not sure and maybe even a drive shaft for the rear

But there are alot of guys running consistent 8s passes with the awd still in the truck and working why not just upgrade the stuff to hold

#5 ·
Well I have heard of a lot of people that go rwd when they go the route I did. I also was told that rwd is the best route to go when it comes to drag racing. But maybe your right I already have a high torque transfer case. It wouldn't hurt to upgrade to a stronger driveshaft and front Axel. But thank you I guess I will go the cheaper way which ever one is. I'm still looking for a Dana 60 for my rear end with 3.73 gear ratio. If anyone has one is be willing to buy it off of you.

#6 ·
Put your SRT back to stock and sell it. Buy a RWD jeep and build it the way you want.

#7 ·
What codes ? you aren't removing the wheels too are you, and going to attempt to run the 1/4 on the rear only are you ???

He removes the front diff and keeps the axles stub in place, which is where it reads the TR.
lose the t-case and get a real trans see the other thread where i pointed Redt-VA to the right trans builder and all he needs now is a nice light driveshaft...

Too bad you're in Wyoming i have a 60 and could get the entire jeep straightened out

#8 ·
What codes ? you aren't removing the wheels too are you, and going to attempt to run the 1/4 on the rear only are you ???

He removes the front diff and keeps the axles stub in place, which is where it reads the TR.
lose the t-case and get a real trans see the other thread where i pointed Redt-VA to the right trans builder and all he needs now is a nice light driveshaft...

Too bad you're in Wyoming i have a 60 and could get the entire jeep straightened out
Supershaft, Martin is a rare find, and I thank you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.