hesitation/stall - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > Drivetrain, Differential and Transmission

Old 06-26-2008, 04:11 PM   #1

hesitation/stall

Hey fellas, I have a question and I am not sure where to ask it on the forum, so I'll ask it here. When I accelerate my truck gently, like in a slow speed area, there is a hesitation. If I goose it, there is no problem, or heavy acceleration there is no problem; only when I need to pick up speed slowly, like in traffic or in a 25mph zone. You can watch the rpm's bunny hop while it does it. It's not often, but twice it stalled on me, and this thing is a beast without power steering. I have an 05 quad cab 5.7. (HEMI of course)

preachertuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2008, 09:29 AM   #2

hesitation/stall

i kinda had the same thing happen to me a few times i couldn't tell you what caused it but a few times on cold starts i would give it all i had and it would get stock like at WOT it felt like something was stuck in my intake or in the tail pipe so it hasn't done that in a long while knock on wood so i can say i dont know what caused it i checked my intake and the throttle body was clean nothing was in the exhaust so the only other thing i could think of was the tranny
dajuice730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:16 AM   #3

hesitation/stall

Is it possible that it could be caused from the CAI sensor? I put a stage 4 cai on and the sensor does not seat well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2008, 07:03 AM   #4

hesitation/stall

Preacher,
Can you take a picture of the CAI for us?
Have you checked the connections on the CAI to ensure they are snug?
I take it you do not have a check engine light or any codes?

... welcome to THE Club.
Big Budda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:38 AM   #5

hesitation/stall

sometimes I have a check engine light and sometimes not. It just comes and goes. It has not been on when I haven taken it to get it checked, that's just my luck!
Old 07-01-2008, 04:51 PM   #6

hesitation/stall

What codes do you have? If the CEL set you should have something, even when it goes out it will still be in the PCM.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:01 AM   #7

hesitation/stall

Big Budda, thanks for your help. The code is for the sensor. It is not seating well because of the new intake. Would a power wire fix this? I have not noticed the hesitation since I reseated the sensor (not sure if they are related???) but I have a light jerking when I let off the throttle. At first I thought this was from downshifting, but it's not. Any ideas??? thanks for you help thus far!
Old 07-07-2008, 04:11 AM   #8

hesitation/stall

No, a power wire will not help you. That is for fooling the PCM into thinking the incoming air is colder than it really is.
Now that you no longer have the CEL, do you still have the hesitation?
I have a K&N CAI and you can definatley tell when you let off the throttle.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:09 AM   #9

hesitation/stall

As long as I keep the air sensor seated, there is no hesitation; but when it breaks seal, it comes right back. Is there such thing as an extension for the sensor wire? With your K&N, do you get a slight jerk when you let off throttle? If so, that may be all that mine is. I know very little about these things. Thanks for getting back with me Big Budda. Your feedback has been helpful
(and encouraging!).
Old 07-07-2008, 08:21 AM   #10

hesitation/stall

Hey Big Budda, just one more question. What is the point in fooling the pcm to think incoming air is cooler? What advantage does this give you?