Hemi Truck Club banner

clutches clip in bottom of diffential 2003

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Ghost03hemi 
#1 ·
Hi, havn't been on here in awhile, changed the fluid in my differential today, 2003 1500 HEMI 70,000 miles, well there was a metal clip laying in bottom broken in about 8 different pieces, while it took me a couple of minutes for the panic to wear off, I broke out the flashlight and every thing looks good no marks on ring or pinion c-clips intact, spider gears clean, but lots of shavings in the fluid gold colored(clutch material?). Anyways after looking more I saw a clip holding the clutch pack together on passenger side, when I checked the ring gear side no clip holding the clutch pack together! The broken piece!

After hearing tons of horror stories about these differentials, I want to know how big of an issue this is, how soon it should be fixed and what is the best solution. I love my HEMI, really don't want to change the gears, just want to keep on rolling, have intake/exhaust/getting ready to install diablosport(good enough for me). I do not do John Force Burnouts this is my daily driver I have other vehicles for burnouts. Any info on this situation would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

#3 ·
I would inspect the housing to see if the clip cut into it. This problem has the potential of damaging the housing. As for installing a DSP on a 03 I do not recommend it as there have been issues that Diablo has yet to correct. I have a thread that got side tracked into these issues here http://www.hemitruckclub.com/forums/f169/megasquirt-5736.html

#5 ·
I'll disagree with that statement. A SC3815 can adjust RPM and speed limiters, provide canned tunes, adjust tire size and diagnose DTC;s. Often these tuners can be bought for around $140. Pretty good bang for the dollar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.