04-25-2005, 12:45 PM
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Tyndall A.F.B., Florida - Joliet, Illinois
Anyone installed the APS shift kit yet?
I ordered it, waste of money. It comes with a:
1. Stronger Input Drum snap ring that is "BURIED DEEP" in the tranny.
2. Extra accumulator spring, "Just in case one of yours broke"
3. A "Beefier" accumulator cover?
4. A washer to increase OD shift Accumulator spring tension
5. Different seals for all 5 accumulators, do they leak from the factory?
6. A different L/R switch valve. ???
7. Replacement springs for the T/C lock up accumulator piston.
So. The ONLY thing that helps 1/2 & 2/3 shifts are the replacement accumulator seals, MAYBE, which by looking at them, they could sell for $1. So, if you want better OD shift and Torque Converter Lock Up. Go for it.
For Sale APS/Trans-Go Shift Kit for 45/545 RFE Trans. Cheap!