Hemi Truck Club banner

65rfe detent plate

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  TYSENUS 
#1 ·
I am in the middle of replacing the solenoid pack in my 2012 Ram 1500 2wd Hemi. The new solenoid pack has the white connector, versus the grey connector I just pulled out. Online I see that there's an updated detent plate, but it appears to be an update from the older Rams with black connectors. Do I need to change my detent plate as well? Or will it work with the new solenoid pack?

#3 ·
After research I found that as long as you have either the white or grey connector you don't need the new detent plate. Those are for the older solenoid packs with the black connector. Hopefully this will help others down the road.

All in all it was an easy enough swap. I didn't even make a mess dropping the pan. It did take 8.5 quarts of new fluid though.

#4 ·
Good hands on information..

#5 ·
You are absolutely correct. Chrysler has an updated solenoid pack P/N 68002342AF for 2003 model trucks that comes with a newer style solenoid pack and detent plate. I installed one about four years ago. I am pretty sure I have the paper work that came in it which tells you the exact part number of the new solenoid as I can't remember if it was a white of grey connector on it. The grey and white connector solenoids have two different part numbers.

Reactions: Redtruck-VA
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.